Ask
    Gators06 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2010, 08:22 AM
    Where is the cam position sensor on my 97 camry
    Where are the cam position and crankshaft sensor located on my 97 camry
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Aug 4, 2010, 12:26 PM

On either engine: Crankshaft Position Sensor (CKP) is mounted low on the engine, near the harmonic balancer/crank main pulley.
    On the 4 cyl, the Camshaft Position Sensor (CMP) is just below the cam cover toward the right rear of the engine.
    On the 6 cyl, the CMPs are mounted on the cylinder head near the rear of the motor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cam and Crank position sensors on an Infiniti [ 2 Answers ]

My Dad has a 2004 Infiniti I35. The check engine light just started coming on recently. He is a car fanatic, always has been, anyway he's freaking out now. My neighbor works for Nissan and he brought home the diagnostic machine and hooked it up. He says it needs (2) cam position sensors and (1)...

99 tahoe cam sensor [ 8 Answers ]

hi this is my first post. I have been trying to find an answer all over and hopefully someone here can help! I have a99 chevy tahoe 4x4 and the code for my camsensor came up. I have changed the sensor and still have the same code. It misses at highway speeds (not continually most when I go up a...

Where is cam sensor? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello , I have a 1997 GMC yukon four wheel drive, 5.7 L. engine, automatic trans. Engine light turned on so I went to autozone for an analysis which came up as being the crank or cam censor, so I bought them both. I know where the crank sensor is but I don't know where the cam censor is. Can...

1989 honda civic. (code 4)crank angle sensor.(code 8) tdc position sensor [ 0 Answers ]

The car idles randomly after warm up.I check the ecu for codes and it gives 4 crank angle sensor and 8 tdc position sensor. I did a search and one of the ad posted by a guy in Canada says that he had to get part from different vehicles until he got all of them to work properly. Will I be able to...

View more questions Search