Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sycasac Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2006, 09:49 AM
    Opossum
    A friend found a baby opossum several months ago. It is now about 8 months old. She is wondering what to feed it and the best way to care for it. It has remained healthy for the several months she has had it. She is afraid to let it go because she found it on the road after the mother was killed. She is fearful of the youngster getting killed in the same way.
    Northwind_Dagas Posts: 348, Reputation: 83

Dec 19, 2006, 10:12 AM
    This webpage has lots of information for caring for orphaned oppossums.
    http://theopossumpage.com/
    pompano Posts: 293, Reputation: 40

Jun 19, 2007, 04:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sycasac
    A friend found a baby opossum several months ago. It is now about 8 months old. She is wondering what to feed it and the best way to care for it. It has remained healthy for the several months she has had it. She is afraid to let it go due to the fact that she found it on the road after the mother was killed. She is fearful of the youngster getting killed in the same way.
    They love cat food.I used to keep my cat food bag on my back porch,and I reached in to get a scoop one night,and scooped up a huge possum.IFreaked.That's the last time I reached into a bag before looking first.they also like oranges.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Predators to the opossum [ 3 Answers ]

I want to know what are the predators to the opossum. And how do they defend themselves from their predators.:eek:

View more questions Search