Ask
    mikkyluv Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2010, 02:12 PM
    How can I convert decimal number to degree and time
    How can I convert decimal number to degree and time
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Aug 3, 2010, 02:30 PM

I assume what you mean is how to convert a decimal angle given in degrees to the equivalent degrees, minutes, and seconds. These are measures of angles, not time.

A degree comprises 60 minutes, and each minute comprises 60 seconds. One way to do the conversion is this:

1. Take the portion of the degrees that appears after the decimal point, and multiply that by 60. This gives you the number of minutes in the portion after the decimal point. For example: 10.64 degrees consists of 10 degrees + 0.64 degrees x 60 min/degree , or 10 degrees + 38.4 minutes.

2. Next take the portion of the minutes you calculated in step 1 that comes after the decimal point and convert to seconds by multiplying by 60. In this example: 38.4 minutes = 38 minutes + 0.4 minutes x 60sec/min = 38 minutes + 24 seconds.

Hence 10.64 degrees is equivalent to 10 degrees, 38 minutes, 24 seconds.

You can use this same process to convert time given in decimal hours to time in whole hours, minutes and seconds. That is, 10.64 hours = 10 hours, 38 minutes, 24 seconds.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

In how much time the temperature in a hot water geyser drop by 20 degree centigrade [ 0 Answers ]

I want to know about the time taken for a drop of 20 degree centigrade in temperature in a hot water geyser?

How much jail time for third degree theft [ 5 Answers ]

About 1 year ago, I was house sitting a house and there was a WII that I sold for some fast cash! I declined to tell the owners of the house about this though the Day they came back I had about $500.00 for the missing items for them. This was more then enough for this missing Wii. Instead of...

How do I convert seconds to true time [ 3 Answers ]

I have a bunch of values that are in seconds 1815632 seconds. Dividing that by 60 and the results of that by 60 I get 504.34 hours. This is close, but I don't want decimal. I need it to tell me it is 504 hrs and XX Minutes and xx seconds. This is the requirement now, but I'm sure it will change...

L1 to H4 Status- procedure and time to convert [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am currently on L1 visa here working for a company. However, I have also got a H4 visa. The I94 on my passport is currently for L1. Due to some personal reasons, I have to quit my job now and change the status to H4. How long would this process take, what all forms should I fill and where...

I just got her number when is the best time to call? [ 2 Answers ]

I just got the number of a girl I like. But is been a wile since ai dated that I got some kind out track and confuse I just want to start a nice relationship but I just don't feel when is the right time to call her and what to said in the first call? :confused:

View more questions Search