Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    peacemaker129 Posts: 83, Reputation: 9

Aug 3, 2010, 02:09 PM
    Will he stay in my life?
    I met this boy while I was camping. His name is Devin. We met when my friend and I came up and saw him working on a really cool fort thing! I offered to help him and gave him a laughy taffy. :) My friend him and I went for a walk then went back to our camp sites. The day we were supposed to leave I made a trip back to the fort and asked him for his number! He definitely wasn't hesatient to giving it to me! Now this happened on Sunday Aug. 1st it is now Aug 3ed and we talk on the phone so much a day! He calles me every hour and so far Ive been talking to him about 3 or 4 hours a day! This Thursday we are meeting up at the mall. I'm 13 and 1/2 he's 15 and 1/2. He told me I was cute, pretty, funny then he told me today he couldn't fall asleep until 3am because he stayed up all night thinking about me! This is hwat he said after I "complained" about not being able to get him off my mind so he said "You think its ahrd getting ME off your mind?! Try getting YOU off my mind." Then he said that he couldn't sleep! I feel so loved! And I asked him how much he liked me on a scale from 1-10 and he said "Hmm 1,000" He is so sweet and makes me feel great about myself! He loves my least favorite feature, my glasses. He said they make me look cute and pretty! He makes me feel so free and great! But... will this last long? Ive never had a boy be sooo nice to me! Is this something most boys do? Or does he really like me? Please help!
    positiveparent Posts: 1,136, Reputation: 291
    -

Aug 3, 2010, 04:00 PM
    Ive no doubt he likes you but you are too young to be really getting into any b/f yet, youre not even 14, I suggest you slow down and if you want to meet him go ahead, but dont do anything you shouldnt do. Also are your parents aware of you knowing this boy and that you plan to go meet him, if not then I would tell them, and also ask them if they mind, and if they do agree what are their rules concerning you dating so young. Be careful take it slow and dont do anything without letting your parents know where youll be and who with. Youre still under their care until youre 18...

Also by asking their permission and telling them about this youll be showing them youre being mature about this. So do speak to your parents.
    Just Looking Posts: 1,610, Reputation: 480
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2010, 04:17 PM

At 13 it is exciting to have an older boy interested in you, but be careful. It bothers me that he called you sexy and said you have a great body. If you go meet him, you should take a friend along. Don't go off alone with him, and don't do anything physically with him. You should get to know him as a friend first. He should also meet your parents if you are going to be friends. I'm hoping he is not just trying to take advantage of a younger girl.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Aug 3, 2010, 07:50 PM

You are too young to be going out with a 15 year old boy.
    will this last long? Ive never had a boy be sooo nice to me! Is this something most boys do? Or does he really like me? Please help!!!!!!!

This will probably last as long as it takes to get in your pants or close to it.
    Do your parents know you are meeting this boy? He sounds like bad news.

Aug 4, 2010, 07:33 AM

Yes they know I'm meeting him and my moms going to be at the mall the entire time with us! Plus I'm almost 14 and I'm not stupid about boys, I'm strong and if he tries anything stupid ill kick his butt. And the real question was do you think he is doing that just to get physical?

Aug 4, 2010, 07:50 AM

O and also my mom knows everything. I told her what he called me and what he said I had, but he's super sweet and I don't think he's trying to do anything but be my friend. But he does like me and I do too. I don't think he's after anything he says he hangs out with a lot of girls and no he's not like gay, but he's harmless
    Dating & Teen Expert

Aug 4, 2010, 09:17 AM

You just met this guy and he talks in such sexual ways to you, maybe because I'm older, I think it is just out of line.
    Did you tell your mom what he says to you?
    If your mom has no problem with this, who am I to say otherwise, just be careful. I still would not go anywhere alone with him. IMO you are too young to date.

Aug 4, 2010, 10:04 AM

You my mom knows everything and its not a date per say :) were just going as friends, I don't want anything more because that would be akward you know? Well don't worry I've got lots of comman sense, but thank you Homegirl50 for being so caring and you I won't do anything stupid I promise, plus like I said my mom is going to be there the entire time and I don't plan on dating until I'm 15 at least.
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2010, 10:24 AM

I'm glad that your mom will be there. Just remember that you can set the tone for this friendship. You have a lot better chance of becoming good friends for a while if you keep it strictly friends. It sounds like that is what you want to do - good for you.

Aug 4, 2010, 12:14 PM

Y am I so nerves about seeing him tomrrow if its just as friends? Because I know we both have a crush on each other but IM going to keep us friends, so why am I nerves? Is it because I have a crush on him and I can't date or something else?
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2010, 12:16 PM

It's probably a combination of nerves and excitement. Deep down you know you just want to be friends, but you don't really know what he wants. He sounds really sweet to you, but he also sounds like a bit of a smooth talker - which is what we were all reacting to at first. Now that we know your mom is involved we feel much better. Go, have fun, and make sure he sees that you are a nice girl. If he's a nice boy, he will also be a little nervous. That's totally natural. Actually, it is also part of the fun of getting to know boys.

Aug 4, 2010, 12:20 PM

Thanks so much justlooking, you've made me feel less confused and stronger, I made sue my mom would come with us, and yes he is very sweet to me I just hope it lasts so maybe someday when I can date, him and I will already be really close friends :)
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2010, 12:26 PM

I hope so too, but just remember if it doesn't work with him there are lots of nice boys out there. Being friends and later dating is all about getting to know each other. It's great if it works out, but if it doesn't you will learn something that will help you in the future.

I dated lots of guys, but I always knew I wouldn't be ready to get too serious until I was older, had finished college, had established my career, and really knew myself well. I'm 28 now and getting married in a couple of months. I know I have found the right guy. That's what I will wish for you. Don't put too much importance on dating at your age. There's plenty of time for that. Just have fun, make lots of friends, and prepare for your future by doing well in school and figuring out who you are and what is important to you.

Aug 4, 2010, 12:33 PM

Thanks so much JustLooking, you are an inspiration to me and the future me. I see hope for myself in the future, I hope I will find the right guy someday, and congratulations on getting married may it last FOREVER!
    Dating & Teen Expert

Aug 7, 2010, 01:35 PM
    Yeah, your probably nervous because you seem to like this boy and maybe you are not sure how he will take the "just friends" thing.
    Just use your head.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I definitely think I need some help ASAP or my life is going to stay in ruins [ 5 Answers ]

I don't even know where to begin... I have issues. I'm single.. trying to date. But I'm stopping myself and I don't know how to fix it. First off let me mention that I have incredible anxiety problems. And its getting worse. I just kind of had an epiphany today that made me break down. As I'm...

This is okay? Ill just stay decide to leave you but stay with you for 8 months [ 11 Answers ]

Let me quote this from another thread... She didn't just wake up and change her mind, she has thought of this for a long time. YOU are the one who is just finding out. To make things worse, I have strong evidence that she has entered a rebound relationship, with a guy she met only 3 days...

Family moved away, should I stay or go from my life? [ 1 Answers ]

IT all began when my father got a job 1000 miles away from where my whole life has been. We weren't going to move until February. My dad has always been a bit controlling but has been a good dad. My mum is amazing and always supports me and I have a younger sister just starting high school. It...

I lost the love of my life, my life doesn't make sense anymore [ 4 Answers ]

I lost mybestfriend and love of my life 2 weeks ago and I don't understand my lifes purpose anymore, we had a connection so strong this doesn't make sense, everything I did in my over the past 22 years was for me however the constant knowing we would be together, we had 3 years to go before...

View more questions Search