Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BuffandTuff Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2010, 02:01 PM
    Commercial cleaning for 9000 sq ft
    I am doing a bid for a 9000 sq ft bldg in Orange County CA. I did some comp shopping and came up with one bid for $60 per service. This seems pretty low to me and I think they are sub contracting it to someone else. Does anyone have a bid amount if my company was actually doing the work? Thanks
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Aug 3, 2010, 02:31 PM

$60.00 per Day? How many days per week Buff? Is this an office building? Is it only light dusting,vacuuming, washrooms, trash removal, etc. Or is there more such as moping, carpet spotting, etc?

Please answer the above questions so I can answer more intelligently.

However... $60.00 even for each time that you clean is ridiculously low. To clean 9,000 sq ft for that is $0.007 per square foot! You will be doing it practically for free actually you will be doing it and 'paying' them... :eek:

Please get back to me and let's talk more...

Stringer

Aug 3, 2010, 02:56 PM

Yeah I thought it was really low too. So the monthly comp shops I have got have ranged from $800 to 1400 per month. The building is about 3,000 sq ft of office and 6,000 industrial space. My understanding is that it is swept, vacuumed mopped bathroom dusting daily. There are a total of 3 bathrooms, a total of 4 sinks, 7 stalls and 2 urinals. There is also a medium-large kitchen break room. The offices are about half open and half cubicle. There is also three staircases in the building.

My timing estimate calculator came up with about 5 hours to clean daily. But most of the people I have called said it would take 2.5-3.5 hrs to clean. I just feel like something is off. I am not sure if they are giving me low ball bids over the phone to make an appt or what... any advice is helpful thanks
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Aug 3, 2010, 07:37 PM

Buff are you the service provider (cleaning company) or are you the client in this?

Stringer

Aug 4, 2010, 11:10 PM

We are the service provider

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Commercial Cleaning [ 2 Answers ]

What is the average price per square foot for commercial cleaning estimates

Commercial Cleaning [ 1 Answers ]

I took over a commercial cleaning service from a friend I'm not sure if our bids are correct. I need to bid on a 10,000 sq. foot school. 6,289 sq. foot is tile flooring that needs stripping seal and wax. The rest is carpet. 16 class rooms with pantry areas and bathroom in each class. 57 interior...

Commercial cleaning [ 4 Answers ]

I have just started a commercial cleaning company and I am having trouble finding contracts. I am in the Maryland,DC and va area.

Commercial cleaning [ 1 Answers ]

How do I price a commercial cleaning?

Commercial cleaning [ 4 Answers ]

Once I get them on the phone what should I say?

View more questions Search