Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    foodaddict Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2010, 01:34 PM
    50 lbs overweight plan
    HI
    Am 50 lbs overweight,tried exs & diet but unable to be consistent due to boredom,coupled with love for food.Anyone has a plan I can follow??
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Aug 3, 2010, 04:21 PM

Find healthy food choices you like and plan your meals/snacks around those. If you cook, shop for cookbooks that offer better choices and are recipes you would actually make and eat.

Don't deprive yourself of the occasional treat... this often back fires. Just be careful with portion sizes... meals out are often about 3 serving sizes! Have one scoop of ice cream instead of three, for example. If you want a fast food item once in awhile, go for the child's size.
    Some people do better with watching things closely all week and having one "free" day. Others do better with the occasional treat, but being more careful the majority of the time. Find what works for you.

If the temptation is too great, don't buy the stuff. That way, while you might get something here and there while you are out, you won't have it at hand in the house.

Go for foods as close to their natural state as possible... limit things in boxes. Read labels... two easy changes are avoid any foods with trans fats and look for foods that have only 3 grams of fat per 100 calories. Go for 100% whole wheat or 100% whole grain products over "enriched" products. Don't buy soda... if you do, take some time and get used to the taste of diet.

Do some sort of exercise every single day. Buy some hand weights and a jump rope, and keep them by the couch to use while you watch TV. Do sit-ups and squats during commercials. Park in one of the farthest parking spaces wherever you go and walk. Take stairs instead of elevators.
    Get a friend or family member to get moving with. Join a gym, get an exercise dvd, anything but just get moving.

Don't expect quick results. Aim for 1-2 pounds a week weight loss. This is healthy and sensible and something that will help you avoid gaining the weight back. You will likely notice more weight loss in the first week or two, but don't expect to keep that going.

Remember how long it took you to get to where you are, don't expect to find a quick fix to get to where you want to be. It takes a fair amount of time to change habits and how we eat is often just that... habit. It takes work and commitment. You may stumble along the way, have something you tried to avoid, ate more than you had planned to, but just get back on track with it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Plan to move oversea, best plan of attack? [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, I'm 33 and plan to move to Hong Kong next March, most likely permanently. I have about $40K in Roth and $170K in 401K, live in MA, also own an apartment that I want to sell but that can wait, valued at about $200K. What's the best plan to withdraw these fund with the least amount of penalty?...

54 lbs [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, my name is destiney ingram. I am a 13 year old girl. I weight 164 pounds and i think that is too much for my age i want to lose 54 lbs bc i have been made fun of for several years and i want to prove by next school year that i can be skinny and lose weight an di dont know how to do that i...

Mg/l to lbs/day [ 3 Answers ]

How do I convert mg/l to lbs /day

View more questions Search