Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gigily Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2010, 11:04 AM
    Dress
    Hello everyone, it's been a while that I started to think about "Dressing up" for women. I feel media has been made too much fantasy for guys that it has increased their expectation level of woman's style. Well, first I thought I don't have to follow the fashion and style and others, but in reality if I want to be part of society and get what I want I need to do my best to win the competition. But sometimes I feel I just want to be simple and not dress up, and any guys I've been so far with , would loved me to dress up and look sexy and stuff like that. I wonder if it's just me feeling this way and seeing guys like this or others has the same experience? Guys, how important is for you that the women look stylish at home and outside? Women do you really listen to your bf/husband's idea of being stylish? So those simple and say non-stylish women , their husband never asked them to be stylish or those women just ignored their idea?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 3, 2010, 11:21 AM

Depends what you want. If you want the flashy follow the crowd keep up with the Jones kind of guy then you probably do need to dress up with the current bling bling. If you want a guy that's looking for a down to earth girl that isn't interested in the latest Lindsey Lohan or Jo Lo event then you should be yourself and be patient.
    Many guys are happy with what their gf/wife is happy with. I don't think too many guys are all that into girls that want to keep up with Hollywood. They might be attracted to them but I don't think its necessarily their expectation so much.
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2010, 12:08 PM

Most guys would not know fashion if it hit them on the forehead.

I think you can look stylish and sexy without having a lot of flesh on view.

Dress for your body shape.

Wearing a dress or skirt that fits well and shows your shape goes a long way in looking good,it does not have to skim your bum to be sexy.

Having a capsule wardrobe is fantastic,mix and match classic items,make sure your hair looks good,and a fresh face,a little makeup and your away.

Again I don't think most guys would know the difference between a pair of Jimmy Choo's and the high street.

I like too look good and my job has a dress code,on days off I'm a t-shirt and jeans kind of gal,my boyfriend would not notice if I was wearing a black plastic sack,he'd still say... 'you look great.'

Confidence shines above what your wearing... wear your confidence.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2010, 12:21 PM

I'm assuming that these "Jimmy Choo's" redhead is talking about are shoes... and not some chinese joint.

Yeah, we know nothing. Personally, I'm the guy that goes after the girl that wears sweatpants/shorts and a t-shirt... wears no make up, doesn't do anything.

Granted, if we're going out somewhere nice, I would want her to dress up a little, but other than that, I care very little about it.

My girlfriend wears scrubs (hospital) most of the week, and when she comes home, she wears shorts and a t-shirt. No harm done.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

After dress [ 4 Answers ]

Does my dress for after the ceremony have to be in the wedding colors?

Dress shirts [ 3 Answers ]

I was wondering if a dress shirt that has a collar with a different color than the shirt has a specific name? Such as a blue shirt with a white collar (Thing Gordon Gekko in Wall Street). Most of the stores I have gone to know what I am talking about by describing the shirt but they don't have a...

Help! Need dress [ 1 Answers ]

Ok here is my scenario. I have all of my bridesmaid dresses and my dress, but I need semi formal dresses for my candlelighters that aren't expensive (Like under $40) They have to have thick straps and be covering everything (couldnt think of the word) Can anybody help me? :( :confused:

View more questions Search