Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 3, 2010, 10:57 AM
    Internet to TV
    I am considering buying hardware to connect my computer to my bedroom TV. I've tried a router and also bought hardware recommended by Netflix but the process currently is cumbersome.

I just read (in Consumers Report) about a Lemovo (q110) which has a port for a TV.

Anyone have any experience or thoughts about replacing my current set up with something similar to this?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 3, 2010, 11:02 AM
    I'm about to purchase my first HD TV specifically for that purpose. It'll work for me because my computer has an HDMI port that connects to the flat screen's HDMI port.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Aug 3, 2010, 01:03 PM
    Just to add to NK's comments, a number of HD TV's also include D-sub (blue connector) and DVI (cream connector) specifically for connecting computers too.

Then it's a simple case as running your computer in dual monitor mode.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 3, 2010, 01:05 PM

What inputs does the TV have? Are you looking to watch streamed netFlix movies? Is that why the computer hookup?
    Uber Member

Aug 3, 2010, 01:10 PM

The TV is mounted on the wall, high, so - does "I don't know" seem like a good answer to that? I could take it down OR read the instructions.

And, yes, I want to watch streamed movies (if that's what they are called).

I'm somewhat ignorant about this "stuff."
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 3, 2010, 01:12 PM
    Whether the TV is high or low eventually you'll have to connect some cables to it. Most HDTVs have the connector along one side. It's a matter of knowing what's available to you. Do you still have the manual?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Aug 3, 2010, 01:18 PM
    Of the make and model will do ;)
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Aug 3, 2010, 03:58 PM

Have to ask just to make sure. The computer that you want to hook up is in proximity to the TV you want to hook it to right? Otherwise your going to have to use wireless to get the signal there.
    Uber Member

Aug 3, 2010, 04:52 PM

Yes, that's the plan - I'll pull out the book to see what make and model. At the moment my computer is in my office with a router and all sorts of confusing stuff. I wonder if I get another tower and put it in the bedroom with an Internet connection, would that work?
    Internet Research Expert

Aug 3, 2010, 05:10 PM

Sure but then again. Most laptops have a connection to put it on a TV. You could use a laptop for it and it should take up a lot less space. And you can use a wireless connection for your internet.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 3, 2010, 05:18 PM

Another thing you can consider is a media extender. I have one that connects up to my network and allows me to use Windows Media Center to display content on any Media Center PC as well as access Netflix.
    Internet Research Expert

Aug 3, 2010, 05:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    Another thing you can consider is a media extender. I have one that connects up to my network and allows me to use Windows Media Center to display content on any Media Center PC as well as access Netflix.
    And really a lot cheaper then a new PC if you don't need one yet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Internet explorer will not stay loaded and I can not download anything from internet [ 6 Answers ]

My computer did some updates a couple days ago and since then internet explorer will not stay up it closes down. I cannot download anything to find out what is wrong. Any suggestions? Please help. Thank you

Videos won't play on internet or show photos on psp internet [ 1 Answers ]

I am having trouble with my psp not showing videos or photos on the internet, can someone please tell me why?:o

How do I enable the internet with kaspersky internet security 7 [ 2 Answers ]

I have a problem with my kaspersky internet security I can't open the internet when the protection is working http://img369.imageshack.us/img369/7439/38594235qz4.png But I can open the internet by stoping the protection http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/3222/75511457gi6.png

How do I check a company or Internet Site with the Internet Better Business Bureau? [ 1 Answers ]

I sometimes find a company or Internet Website, that has not certificate etc. How do I check them out with the BBB for the Internet?

View more questions Search