Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2010, 12:03 PM

I would start by checking all my grounds,
    Recheck battery connections.
    Check battery voltage.
    Was parts replaced by new or used.
    degonias Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2010, 12:51 PM

All brand new-im going to have him take off the starter cable and jump it directly from the battery-if it starts then he has his wires backwards. Thanks for the input

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Solenoid clicks, does not engage starter. Hot wired mower started. Would not shutdown [ 3 Answers ]

Solenoid would click, but starter would not engage. I hot wired it and it would start, but would not shut down with the ignition key. Once engine was killed, would not start with hot wire or ignition switch. Solenoid will not click now. I changed solenoid but still no response. How can I verify...

Yard machine won't start [ 1 Answers ]

We have replace the spark plug, cylinoid, new battery, oil change, the rod for the in take valve but it just doesn't seem to be getting enough power to push the rod in and out... whats wrong?? I'm at the piont where I feel like pushing it out to the trash and getting a new one, I just have a...

John Deere 160 Lawn tractor won't engage starter [ 4 Answers ]

I have a JD160 lawn tractor when I turn the key nothing happens. It has a Kawasaki FB460V engine. I tried to follow the wires. If I jumper the relay before the starter with the key in the on position the engine will start. Not sure what the problem is I am thinking it may be the key switch?? Can...

93 Craftsman, Bindex Doesn't Engage Pinion to Fly Wheel [ 4 Answers ]

917-254271 1993 36" Craftsman 11HP July 16, 1999; B & S Engine: 252707-0621-03 9406074B, Serial: 1567S19838 28 I replaced the starter due to the old one did not engage the pinion gear to the fly wheel, but the new starter is doing the same. Both starters turn but again do not engage to the...

Yard Machine Clicks but won't start [ 2 Answers ]

Hello All, I just bought my first ever lawm mower this month - a used, very good condition Yard Machine with 17.5 Hp, 42" cut Briggs and Straton engine, did the oil change and cleaned the air filter, put in new gas, and used it a couple of times (I bought my first home with a half acre yard with...

View more questions Search