Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    geohowell Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2010, 08:24 AM
    I have a submersable pump pluged into a gfci outlet, the fountain will not work
    I have an outdoor fountain plugged into a gfci outlet, the fountain was working then stopped this past weekend. The light on the gfci is on but the fountain will not work. I plugged the fountain into another outlet and it works fine, how do I find out what is wrong with the gfci outlet and why it does not provide power?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Aug 3, 2010, 08:57 AM

Some GFI's have the light on when tripped, try something else in the outlet, if it won't reset, it may be bad, and newer ones won't reset without power to line side.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Submersable well pump problems [ 3 Answers ]

Hello , I have a brand new "flotec 1/2 horse 10 gallon per minute 2 wire deep well pump and a brand new square 'd" pump controler on a pressure tank . The pump runs intermittantly . The controler is a 30 / 50 psi sometimes the press. Will drop below the 30 pound level & the contacts will...

GFCI Trips with newly spliced fountain pump [ 5 Answers ]

I am nearly exasperated trying to splice in a new fountain pump. Here's what I did: 1. bought a new pump (190gpm), cut the cord near its plug 2. threaded the power cord through the bottom of the fountain "tub" 3. spliced it to the power cord which runs under the rock patio to the gfci outlet....

Submersable Pump - 220 volt - Capacitor Overheating - Pump Shutting Off [ 16 Answers ]

My 220 volt submersable well pump stopped working. We took the capacitor in to be checked one day and it was fine. The next day we took the relay in and it checked out. The following day I pressed on one of the wires that goes to capacitor and the well came on. The wire was old so I knew it...

Water fountain tripping gfi outlet [ 2 Answers ]

I have a water fountain outside and every time I turn it on it trips the gfi outlet where it is plugged in. Should I replace the gfi outlet or the breaket?

Do I need to hook air to a bladder tank to get a prime on a non submersable pump [ 1 Answers ]

Do I need to hook air to a bladder tank to bleed it

View more questions Search