Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aqua@home Posts: 565, Reputation: 107

Dec 19, 2006, 08:20 AM
    Faith
    Does anyone have any advice on having faith? Faith to make it through a rough time? Faith that all will be well in the end? A scripture? Kind words? Anything? How do you cope?

Please.
    jrussole Posts: 163, Reputation: 12
    -

Dec 19, 2006, 08:37 AM
    Cope with what? A rough time? There is a book called, "Each Day A New Beginning". You could probably do a browser search on it. By Hazelton books. I believe they have an entry for each day at the website. These are daily meditations for women. There are also daily meditations for men as well at the site. You can have faith, but what faith are you? You cope with what you have, you find advice by reaching out to God, others or within your own emotional framework. Will faith be all well in the end? I suppose that one is up to you.

Dec 20, 2006, 04:56 AM
    Thank you for the book information. What rough time? Well, I am speaking of relationship woes. I know not all marriages are perfect, but how does one wade through the bad times.

I believe in God and I am trying to lean on Him. Thanks again for you words.
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Dec 20, 2006, 07:24 AM
    Here is a little prayer I use sometimes:

"Loving Father, I am thankful to be here in your being and presence. I am willing to do your will in every situation and circumstance of this day. Forgive all pride and relieve me of all inferior motives."

There are no perfect marriages because there are no perfect people. No one can decide for anyone else which imperfections to accept and which are intolerable and require us to remove ourselves from the situation. I wish you well in your wading.
    jrussole Posts: 163, Reputation: 12
    -

Dec 20, 2006, 10:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by aqua@home
    Thank you for the book information. What rough time? Well, I am speaking of relationship woes. I know not all marriages are perfect, but how does one wade through the bad times.

I believe in God and I am trying to lean on Him. Thanks again for you words.
    I hope that you found the link. If not let me know. I will find it for you and repost. Like today's meditation:

Somewhere along the line of development we discover what we really are, and then we make our real decision for which we are responsible. Make that decision primarily for yourself because you can never really live anyone else's life, not even your own child's. The influence you exert is through your own life and what you become yourself.----Eleanor Roosevelt.

These daily meditations have helped me, in the past. I find myself going back and reading them often. Even when the book sits up on the bookshelf for years. When there are times of trouble and or times of challenge it is comforting to know that there are words that can provide strength and encouragement, right at your fingertips.

We all need a little help from our friends every so often, if even anonymous.

Dec 20, 2006, 11:34 AM
    Thank you both for your words. I know I am not alone, even when it feels like it. Sometimes anonymous help is the best help I can get. Thank you.
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Dec 20, 2006, 11:52 AM
    "Does anyone have any advice on having faith? Faith to make it through a rough time? Faith that all will be well in the end? A scripture? Kind words? Anything? How do you cope?"

Real faith is knowing that no matter what happens you are going to be okay.

We have faith until we believe and we believe until we know - that we are going to be okay.
    31pumpkin Posts: 379, Reputation: 50
    -

Dec 20, 2006, 06:03 PM
    Aqua -
    The answer to every problem is in the Bible. Make a New Years resolution that will change your life. Read the entire Bible again or for the 1st time.
    Romans 10:17- Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word of Christ.
    I think it would be wise to go to a church where you find revelation through the Word when the Rev. is reading/speaking the message.

Also, remember that" Faith without works" is dead. An ex. Of that is: say, one prays to the Lord to let him get a good job. After that prayer though, one diligently seeks avenues that help with the job search like searching in the classifieds. Faith is something that takes time to grow. TRUST in the Lord may be your best goal. Cast your cares unto Him in prayer, read the Bible again, and go to nice services or a bible study group.

I think one copes by 1) realizing the situation 2) takes responsibility for their role in the situation 3) minimizes any emotion & thinks clearly about what must be done 4) Strives for a "little train that could" attitude.

Have a blessed Christmas!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Faith Healers [ 23 Answers ]

Hello all, Does faith Healers really heal people? Here is my take on it, what is your opinion? First an examples about faith Healers" A South Carolina, U.S.A. faith-healing session called a “healing explosion” has resulted in a lawsuit against two Texas faith healers. A North Carolina...

What Action Most Demonstrates Your Faith? [ 16 Answers ]

I don't ordinarily find the "canned" emails I get all that interesting but this one sure was: The Quiet Sermon A member of a certain church, who previously had been attending services regularly, stopped going. After a few weeks, the pastor decided to visit him. It was a chilly evening. The...

Are faith and logic mutually exclusive? [ 7 Answers ]

Why do some insist that reason and faith are mutually exclusive while simultaneously pointing to creation itself as evidence of God's existence?

Bad faith [ 7 Answers ]

How do you handle a contract where you are a independent contracter for 3 years in which the people in the contract are supposed to have you on there insurance for those three years. And I paid a surcharge every day for those three years for the insurance then after a accident I found out I was...

Have a little faith love will come to you [ 3 Answers ]

Need singer/ actual title to this 1950s vaguely CW song. Sounds like Slim Whitman, singer breaks into sort of a yodel in chours: You played a game/ got caught you should take it with a grain of salt have a little faith and love will come to you You may be lonely/ you may be blue your one...

View more questions Search