Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pequen Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2010, 06:49 AM
    How to deal with bullying
    My son was bullied the first time when he was like 8. This kid decided that he didn't like him and started spreading rumors about him being "gay". My son had no idea what "gay" meant and so I had to explain. That seems to be the popular word today. My son is happy all the time, he is a very nice kid and doesn't like to hurt anyone's feelings, so he keeps quiet but I could see that it bothered him. I kept talking to the principal about it and the kid lived in the office and his parents were irrate with the school on account of this instead of dealing with their child who was the problem. Teachers didn't like him and didn't like his parents because they were a problem. Finally, the kid moved to another school probably to bully someone else or be bullied in turn. (hopefully he found his match). My son had peace for two years, he is ten now but unfortunately the name calling seems to be starting again. My son doesn't want me to say anything because he had gotten tired of going to the office explaining what happened each time. The bullies friends are still at the school and so he thinks it had just spread throughout the school. He is now in 5th grade - last year at that school. He is a happy kid who still likes to skip around and talk about Disney characters when other kids his age are talking about Pokemon, playing violent video games and frequently talking about sex. Because he doesn't do these t hings they call him "gay". I constantly reinforce at home that he is smart, nice kid and he should stay that way. He has many friends outside of school as he is quite sociable. School seems to be a problem for him though and not quite sure what to do.
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2010, 07:19 AM

Nip this in the bud immediately,although your son does not want too go back into the office to have yet another round,it is teaching him it is never acceptable to have to put up with bullying... NEVER.

Your son is entitled to an education without taunts and name calling.

You're the parent you're the adult,you know better...

You did a great job the last time and doing a great job building his self esteem,keep going ,keep protecting him from bullies.

Get the school fully on board, implimenting anti bullying policies.
    Pequen Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2010, 07:23 AM
    [QUOTE=redhed35;2464393]
    Thanks. That is what I wanted to hear. That I did right before and so I will continue to do so.
    tiaa123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2012, 11:42 AM
    Bullies are usually caused by problems at home or lac of parenting at home it's the way there raised so you should get the bullies parents in and also have a little meeting with them I have been through bulling myself it was done with you should get on there case about it and don't stop until they agree with you kids (bullies) should be tort a lesson they should have them removed from the school by all means a child should not be put through it because of a teacher that's finding it hard to cope with an upset parent who wants there child to stop being bullied get on there case about it if it gets any worse like actual hitting then get police involved it's a way to deal with it hope it helps
    Illusion Posts: 195, Reputation: 33

Mar 15, 2012, 01:24 AM
    It is right to take action with the school - I agree with that. Redhed said it right that it is never OK to allow anyone to bully your child. Some parents just do not know - or care - to teach their children that kindness matters most. Teaching your boy what matters most - by way of his self-esteem - is a truly rewarding experience for you and your child. I would like to suggest that you and your child read a prayer each night before he goes to sleep. I suggest the book, "365 Science of Mind" by Ernest Holmes. Each day has a prayer and wonderful healing words for the soul. Any soul - old or young. I have used these - and other prayers - for children who are in pain and in need. You as a parent can give your child one of the most wonderful gifts any parent can give a child - an affirmation of who and what they are in this life - and values that will last a lifetime. This, I believe is one way by which we can help our children - or any child - against bullying. I hope you will consider this and enjoy reading the prayers. Take care.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bullying and harassment [ 3 Answers ]

I apolgize for any mis spelled words or typos. My 14 yr old son has been harassed and bullyied every day all day at school since the beginning of the school year.THis is done in front of teachers. Sometimes the kids are yelled at and sometimes they are not. My son will yell at the kids to stop and...

Bullying [ 8 Answers ]

In school there are a group of girls 'the popular girls' I do nothing to them , I say nothing to them . One of them I went to primary school with but only for 3 months because I moved but ever since she has a huge problem with me? I don't know why? She often gets bored and leaves me alone for a...

How to deal with bullying, intimidation tactics from a former landlord? [ 11 Answers ]

I lived with 2 other girls in an apt, and we had encountered many issues with our landlord. He was incredibly intimidating and once even came into our apt without notice. He did not repaint the apt for us when we moved in, so we had painted it ourselves. Some of the colours were quite bold - a pink...

Internet bullying [ 15 Answers ]

I belong to a dating site and have belonged to it for 2 years now.. I have had a great time there and made some friends.. A woman joined a few months back who doesn't like me and 3 other women on the site. She has become very abusive to us in the chat room to the point of being banned only to...

View more questions Search