Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Aug 2, 2010, 08:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lifeless118223 View Post
    I could give her a hug, but it might be a little disturbing if I kissed her on the cheek, it's diff when my lil sister does it to her though. It's exactly the way I feel when you said your son sabbed himself and you bandaged it, but didn't kiss or hug to comfort him.
    Try hugging her and your dad and talk to them. Let them know how you feel. :)
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 2, 2010, 08:35 PM
    I could give her a hug, but it might be a little disturbing if I kissed her on the cheek, it's diff when my lil sister does it to her though. It's exactly the way I feel when you said your son sabbed himself and you bandaged it, but didn't kiss or hug to comfort him.
    How about kissing your fingers and then pressing that "kiss" onto her cheek? My mom used to do "butterfly kisses" with us, especially when we were younger. Or throw her a kiss -- kiss your fingertips and pretend to toss it at her?
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

Aug 2, 2010, 08:39 PM
    Thank you you all for the answers and advice. You've helped me a lot. I appreciate it so much!

Is there a good way I can talk to my parents and tell them I need them to understand where I am right now. As life and stuff, my dad still thinks of me as his lil girl, but I don't think that will change either I just want him to understand there are some things that he isn't gonna like. Such as the fact I have a bf. He doesn't want me talking to him at all. My mom doesn't tell him that she let's him come over.

You should hear my daughters accounts of my meetings with boyfriends.

I was horrible (I realize this later).

I told my youngest's boyfriend " If you ever hit her, when I am done your mother won't be able to tell if you're face up or down"
    This was the first time I met him.

Parents make mistakes.
    Try to communicate... try to understand...
    And I know I sound like I am taking sides with your parents I am not.

I just know if you understood ecah other more it will help.

I agree with you a lot but want you to understand a parents point of view
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Aug 2, 2010, 08:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by martinizing2 View Post
    You should hear my daughters accounts of my meetings with boyfriends.

I was horrible (I realize this later).

I told my youngest's boyfriend " If you ever hit her, when I am done your mother won't be able to tell if you're face up or down"
    This was the first time I met him.

Parents make mistakes.
    Try to communicate......try to understand...
    And I know I sound like I am taking sides with your parents I am not.

I just know if you understood ecah other more it will help.

I agree with you a lot but want you to understand a parents point of view
    Martytz you sound like my husband:cool:
    lifeless118223 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2010, 09:58 PM

Yes I am planning to go to college. I want to go to Lipscomb University. And today my mom was blurting out stuff when she was talking to me. She was like I know why you want to go there it's because of your boyfriend. I actually like that school. I didn't know he applied or even got accepted. She didn't believe me. I just gave up and I just didn't want to argue anymore.
    lifeless118223 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2010, 10:04 PM

Yeah, I understand what you are trying to say. It's really hard. I know it's the right thing to do to talk to them, it's just sooo hard! Should I try and talk to them out of the blue or when they are in a good mood? Ahh, butterfly kisses, I used to do that to her when I was a little kid. Idk what happened to our mother and daughter bond...
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 2, 2010, 10:25 PM
    Yes I am planning to go to college. I want to go to Lipscomb University.
    Will Lipscomb keep you close by your parents, in state? Do you have other colleges in mind? Does it have to be a Christian college? (Why Lipscomb?)
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 2, 2010, 10:27 PM
    Yeah, I understand what you are trying to say. It's really hard. I know it's the right thing to do to talk to them, it's just sooo hard! Should I try and talk to them out of the blue or when they are in a good mood?
    I'd say make an appointment with them for a family meeting at a time when neither is rushed or preoccupied with something else like a TV program.
    lJ. Posts: 446, Reputation: 21

Aug 2, 2010, 11:11 PM

You should try meditation exercises, and each day think of 10 things you are grateful for and think about why maybe people in your life, or objects of sentimental value, or anything else. You could try going to talk to a therapist for a bit to try to get a little direction with what to do right now.
    This sudden anger could be triggered by how you intereacted with some people. You say that you may have been taken advantage of. This could cause defensive, negative feelings toward that type of situation. Maybe from being taken advantage of the kindness you treated people with, it built up, to now and your reaction is anger. You should still be nice to everyone though.
    You seem frustrated by being treated like a child. You should talk to your parents about this. You should respect yourself, and your parents, and try to find a way to make a change in being treated differently. They may not mean to make you feel like that, they most likely worry a bit, or want to protect you. Set goals for yourself that you can accomplish like traveling to another country with your parents, or maybe getting a job for yourself, or volunteer. While a change like a haircut maybe temp make you feel more mature, or ease the anger focused on this, a goal may be a better option.
    Take some time to yourself every day to relax and do something you like to do that is fine with your parents.
    You could consult your doctor about your unhappiness or change in mood.
    Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search