Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fafe247 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2010, 01:15 PM
    Salary law with no benefits
    I have just been given a manager position and put on sarary I am working 76 hrs one week and 68 the other week.. and was paid only a total of 80 when I spoke to my boss he said that's what salary is... now let me remind you I get no benefits... at all and my vacation pay is half of my salary pay and he said to me because I have no college eduation oh yeah did I mention no breaks no 15 or hour lunch... so just wondering is this legal and what should I do ?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 2, 2010, 05:25 PM

Salary is just that, a certain amount of pay regardless of how many hours you work a week.

If you agreed to work too cheap that is your problem.

But working 70 hours a week is about normal for a lot of management. 80 is pushing it but I did it a lot when I was a younger manager.

And no lunch has to be 30 min, not a hour by law. And there is no requirements for other benefits , even vacation,

Sounds as if they are trying to get you very very cheap, so I would start looking for a better paying job.
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2010, 03:03 PM

He may or may not be operating within the law, but I personally wouldn't cope with it.

Go find a job that pays you a set hourly wage with benefits.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Salary Labor Law [ 7 Answers ]

I am a salary employee. It is set that I work 45 hours per week. My wage is figured on 8 hours of work with an hour paid break. I am an evening supervisor at a conveinence store in North Dakota. Am I entitled to some type of overtime pay for working more that 45 hours? For example by the end of...

Salary Labor Law [ 1 Answers ]

I am a salary employee. It is set that I work 45 hours per week. My wage is figured on 8 hours of work with an hour paid break per day. I am an evening supervisor at a conveinence store in North Dakota. Am I entitled to some type of overtime pay for working more that 45 hours? For example by the...

Salary law [ 2 Answers ]

In Wisconsin if a person works 48 hrs or more by thurs. can he be deducted for pay if he takes fri. off? All of his scheduled work is finished.

Small Business in Texas required to offer medical benefits to salary employees? [ 1 Answers ]

I work for a small Texas business that only has 3 employees. I have been working hourly, but they want to put me on salary, which works for me. They aren't sure if they have to offer me medical benefits if they do give me salary instead of hourly. Are they? :confused:

Salary law [ 3 Answers ]

Can a employee go back 6 months to take pay out of salary? Is that legal? Can a employer do that and not say anything for a year?

View more questions Search