Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fiovine2003 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2010, 03:41 AM
    Would the water softener cause occasional brown water in the house?
    Periodically I will get brown water in the house in the toilet and faucets, I was told that the membrain in the tank is going bad and could cause this is this true? I also see dirty water in the dishwasher,
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 3, 2010, 06:42 AM

Are you on a well or city water?
    Pull a aerator from a faucet that produces brown waterand check the sceens. What does it look like?
    Is there soil or gritty dirt?
    I was told that the I was told that the membrain in the tank is going badmembrain in the tank is going bad
    What tank do you mean? This could be dirt if you're on a well or could be resin in you line from the softener. Have you bypassed the softener, removed the aerators and flushed the lines? Back to you, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My water softener loop has no water in it. Where is it connected for water? [ 0 Answers ]

The loop is in the garage and runs into the attic and is connected to a maze of lines. None of the have water. Where would it be connected to a main? Could there be a shut off valve? I live in Phoenix,Az.

Air in water line from a water well water softener [ 2 Answers ]

This is a real puzzler. I have a Mark 89 culligan softener and have been getting air blasts ONLY from the outside hose spigot that does not go through the softener. When I use the bypass valve on the softener, I get the air problem throughout the house so it would seem that the softener is...

Whole house water softener [ 2 Answers ]

I recently bought a 2 year old condo that had been empty for over a year. The water was shut off which was fine, but the water softener was empty apart from about a foot of dirty water in the bottom. I bailed this out, but what do I do now. Put salt in & hope it works. Can someone please help.

Whole House Water Filtration & Softener Systems [ 2 Answers ]

I am about to purchase the third (and hopefully last) whole house water filtration system for my home in 11 years. The most recent system, AcquPure, has not been adequate in battling calcium. I am considering the purchase of either Pelican PSE 1800 Premium Filter-Softener or Aquacera FSC10CJ7. ...

Water Softener for whole house [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, The plumbing set up in my house does not have a loop for a softener. So from what I have been told I would have to have softened water running throughout my house, kitchen included. (unless I spend a fortune to get plumbing redone) Is this a bad idea? Can anyone give me any advice...

View more questions Search