Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    billknife Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2010, 05:57 PM
    Need a donated car tome
    I need a car or van for the famley I don't have a job if I had one I could get a job but I don't have obe that runs I have a truck that needs a motor but I caint fix it not enuf money I have 6 people in the famley my 2 boys get ssi but its not enuf for evey thing I'm just down and out thanks EMAIL REMOVED FOR PRIVACY
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 1, 2010, 06:02 PM
    Hi, billknife!

Are you in the United States, please?

Thanks!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 1, 2010, 06:04 PM

What resourses are you using now, if in the US, are you on welfare, food stamps ? Do you belong to a religion of your choice where you can seek help ?

Aug 1, 2010, 06:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Hi, billknife!

Are you in the United States, please?

Thanks!
    Hello yes I live in the usa

Aug 1, 2010, 06:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    what resourses are you using now, if in the US, are you on welfare, food stamps ? Do you belong to a religion of your choice where you can seek help ?
    I'm not on welfare don't have food stamps yes I do beleve in our god and his son the religion I have don't ask for money they just wount us to be there and learn about the religion
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 1, 2010, 07:17 PM

Almost every religious group has a charity program for those in need. And the "religious" leader often has many contacts with charity in local areas.

You should be looking into federal and state assistance, since if you are that low income, it can help and those help will also free up other money.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 2, 2010, 01:57 AM
    Are you by any chance a military veteran, billknife?

Also, does the truck that you have really need a new motor, or is there the possibility that it could be repaired if it was taken to some people who would be able to do the repairs, please?

Thanks!

Aug 2, 2010, 05:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Almost every religious group has a charity program for those in need. and the "religious" leader often has many contacts with charity in local areas.

you should be looking into federal and state assistance, since if you are that low income, it can help and those help will also free up other money.
    Thank you I have tried the churches all around here they don't help do muchi tried to get help with my electicet bill and they would onley help with part of it I had to go to a nuther place to get the rest of it then had to pay that part back I no cherches are a good place for help but I caint get it from them
    DownUnder Posts: 492, Reputation: 24

Aug 4, 2010, 12:30 PM

With two of your children on SSi then you should talk to social services about what help is available.They may be able to direct you to places that may be able to help you with food,rent etc,and as Fr_Chuck stated that would help by freeing up some money

Aug 5, 2010, 09:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by DownUnder View Post
    With two of your children on SSi then you should talk to social services about what help is avaliable.They may be able to direct you to places that may be able to help you with food,rent etc,and as Fr_Chuck stated that would help by freeing up some money
    Yes it would help us out but we have tried that and caint get help I tried to get food stamps the 2 boys make too much and for rent the onley place we have found for that is the truste and then they wount help with it all onley half of it

Aug 5, 2010, 09:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Are you by any chance a military veteran, billknife?

Also, does the truck that you have really need a new motor, or is there the possibility that it could be repaired if it was taken to some people who would be able to do the repairs, please?

Thanks!
    Yes it might be fixed it would need over huld but I just sold it for junk to pay the watter bill of 100$ I got 150 for it
    DownUnder Posts: 492, Reputation: 24

Aug 5, 2010, 12:04 PM

I don't understand what you are saying about the rent.I can't make out what you are saying.
    january9 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2010, 10:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by billknife View Post
    i need a car or van for the famley i dont have a job if i had one i could get a job but i dont have obe that runs i have a truck that needs a motor but i caint fix it not enuf money i have 6 people in the famley my 2 boys get ssi but its not enuf for evey thing im just down and out thanks EMAIL REMOVED FOR PRIVACY
    I don't know if we are able to post links but check out Charity Motors. The donate cars to families in need. I am going to apply myself. I am an unemployed mother who desperately needs some transportation to get around. Good luck to you and your family. Here is the link, Who is eligible to apply for a Charity Car?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I get a car donated to me [ 10 Answers ]

How can I get a free or donated car? Or get help with the deposit:

How do I get a car donated to me? [ 2 Answers ]

I ma single mother of 3 and I am looking to find a really cheap car or one donated to me

How can I get a car donated to me [ 1 Answers ]

I am 56 years old. I have driven for 40 years with no car accidents, until this year. I have a small problem with low blood sugar. I had not eaten. I had a car and it was totaled. I live alone and support myself. Now I can't get a car with collision. I purchased a 1984 s10 truck. It has so...

How to get a donated car? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I'm a single parent and I'm trying to get a car so I can get me and my child from A to B. The only thing is I have very little cash. What do I do?

View more questions Search