Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    babygirl92 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2010, 05:04 AM
    States once you get cdl A your done unless you need special endorsments
    Have class A cdl with air took test in automatic frighliner 26,000 pds so restricted to auto and no semis unless I can find somebody willing to help
    parttime Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2010, 06:17 AM

Baby, did you use a driving school to make your class A? What part of the country are you located?

Aug 1, 2010, 07:38 AM

Worked for a company automatic trucks and trailer combo over 26,001 lbs state of ky says whatever you bring for test is what we license you for is there states that once you take test you are done
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 1, 2010, 07:55 AM

If you wanted a CDL for over 26,000 lbs why did you come with a truck under ?
    parttime Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2010, 08:01 AM

Babygirl, I'm sure you will need to test for an upgrade. Good luck

Aug 1, 2010, 12:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    If you wanted a CDL for over 26,000 lbs why did you come with a truck under ?
    The truck was 26,000 the trailer was 13,500 so the combination was over 26,001 lbs and all the company had was duallys or frightliners that you see pulling horse trailers with the double cab, no semis and no straight shifts now every place I apply unless you can drive a straight shift which I can drive (personal truck 30 yrs) but no dot no. on it I can't drive a dot no. truck and to get a gov loan you have to have a job lined up after you get out of school and most local companies want you now not 6 to 8 weeks from now all I need is a truck and trailer drive then I'm done I know farmers that have them but will not pass a dot inspection so I can't use them

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Special present for that special guy [ 5 Answers ]

So I've been with my boyfriend for 4 years and everything is peachy, I want to get him something really amazing for either christmas or our 4 yrs annerversary. All I can come up with is a watch? I have about £350 to spend? Any ideas?

Can I get another CDL? [ 1 Answers ]

I gave up my CDL 5 years ago when I renewed my license. How hard is it to get the CDL back again?

Spouse full time residents in separate states : states taxes? [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I got married in Dec 2006. He was a full time CA resident in 2006 and still lives there and got income only from CA. I was a fulltime Kentucky resident in 2006 and still live here and got my income only from KY. We can file federal taxes jointly. But what do we do for state...

View more questions Search