Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sarajessica11 Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2010, 08:48 PM
    Haven't paid 2 credit cards 1 overdrafted checking acc and cell, what to do?
    I have 2 credit cards, one over drafted checking account with a negative balance and a cell phone plan that i havent paid in almost 3 years... I'm in the military and away from home. I want to fix this mess but I don't know what to do? Help please
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2010, 09:39 PM
    Hi, sarajessica11!

Are you making enough that you can pay off these debts? Also, if you are making enough, is there someone you trust who you could authorize to pay the people to whom you owe the money, please?

If you're not making enough, then it would be helpful to know about that.

Thanks!

Jul 31, 2010, 10:22 PM

Definitely not making enough... but yes I would authorize my mother to pay my debts. The thing is I don't have money saved and I live pretty much from paycheck to paychek.
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2010, 10:30 PM
    Hi again, sarajessica11!

If you're in the military and currently serving, what are you presently having to spend your money on, please?

Thanks!

Jul 31, 2010, 10:39 PM

My dad passed away last year and my mom doesn't make enough to pay for the house mortgage... so most of my money goes to her and the rest is just essentials

Jul 31, 2010, 10:47 PM

What about debt consolidating agencies? Or there's another financial lending called OMNI where I could try to get a loan (its for military only) and pay off my debts. The only debt I would have would be to omni... the thing is my credit score is probably horrible. I feel like I'm in the hole and I'm never going to get out of this.
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2010, 10:50 PM
    Have you spoken with someone about debt consolidation? Consolidating should certainly be a possibility. Even with bad credit, it might be possible to consolidate.

Jul 31, 2010, 10:55 PM

No I haven't yet. I'm trying to figure out what my options are if I have any.
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2010, 11:01 PM
    It's definitely admirable that you're helping your mother with the mortgage!

If you just speak with debt consolidation people, it won't obligate you to anything.

Jul 31, 2010, 11:20 PM

Ill try... from what I understand I could take a loan there and use that money to pay my debts. But with my credit I probably won't get approved.
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2010, 11:24 PM
    How do you know that you're credit is bad, please?

Aug 1, 2010, 02:23 PM

Help, anybody??
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 1, 2010, 02:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sarajessica11 View Post
    help, anybody???
    Check into debt consolidation. Do you know of a good credit counselor? (Does the military offer such things?)

Aug 1, 2010, 03:06 PM

Well I know my credit is bad because I haven't paid those two credit cards in almost 3 years and a while back I tried taking a loan from my bank and it got denied because of my credit score.

Aug 1, 2010, 03:07 PM

I have no idea where to find a credit counselor... I don't want my chain of command to find out about this because I would be in serious trouble. I don't know what to do.
    Uber Member

Aug 1, 2010, 03:20 PM
    well i know my credit is bad because i havent paid those two credit cards in almost 3 years and a while back i tried taking a loan from my bank and it got denied because of my credit score.
    Do you have anything that you could use as collateral for a loan, like an auto, home, jewelry, collection of some kind, etc.
    Uber Member

Aug 1, 2010, 03:23 PM
    i have no idea where to find a credit counselor... i dont want my chain of command to find out about this because i would be in serious trouble. i dont know what to do.
    Why would you be in trouble if the chain of command found out? I'm sure that there are others in the military with debt/credit problems back home.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 1, 2010, 03:45 PM

Do you know the current status of the credit accounts? Like, were the credit card debts sold to collection? Are collectors calling relatives or sending you letters? Have you tried to wheel and deal with the credit companies or collection agencies to come up with an amount to pay to settle the debt? (Sorry to ask these questions, but they are important ones to know about your status.)
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 1, 2010, 04:11 PM

Try these:
    military debt counseling - Google Search

Also, I'm sure there is some area of the military that will provide services for you. And they would be confidential and not have to go through your chain of command. Talk to your base Chaplin.

Aug 1, 2010, 04:25 PM

Yes the credit cards were sold to collection companies and they call my moms house nonstop... my mom talked to them and they're willing to settle for less than what I actually owe but they want the amounts in full.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Which credit card companies use equifax or transunion or both for credit cards? [ 1 Answers ]

I want to establish credit on my own. I have tried with experian and have 10 hard hits got turned down because of insufficient credit historty and to many recent inquires. My equifax score is 787 My transunion is 770. My problem is I am new to credit and my present accounts are permissive user...

I haven't paid child support in 2 years but I want to make up and see my son [ 3 Answers ]

I haven't paid child support in 2 years but I want to make up and see my son he is 4 now I had been in courts for two years before hand and I only got 3hours a week and she never shows up but I want to be apart of my sons life can anyone help me in how I go about it my solicitor won't give me my...

What credit cards will approve you if you have negative items on your credit report. [ 1 Answers ]

I have poor credit and my credit score is barely over 500. I am in the process of paying off my debts. Anyone know of any unsecured credit cards I can get approved for?

Knowing which credit bureau is being checked when you apply for credit/Credit Cards [ 1 Answers ]

Which credit cards use only the trans union credit report for their cc applications? this knowledge may help me save part of my universe>:D

View more questions Search