Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    camaysar Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Jul 31, 2010, 08:39 PM
    Broadwood Semi Grand Piano ca. 1865
    How much is this almost 7 foot English piano worth? The finish is beautiful burl walnut. It plays fine, looks like it belongs in a museum. My folks bought it in London about 40 years ago. All original except for hammer covers, which were changed from buckskin to felt.

Thanks!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2010, 11:54 PM
    Hi, camaysar!

Is it a square grand? How many keys does it have? Has it ever been restrung? Would you be able to post an image of it here, please?

Those are just a few initial questions for you.

Thanks!
    camaysar Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Aug 1, 2010, 08:16 AM
    Hi Clough. It is a straight-strung grand, not a square grand. Never restrung (needs it).
    Attached Images

Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 1, 2010, 04:15 PM
    Now, that certainly is a work of art! I haven't seen one of those types "in person" in a number of years now. The last time was when a rebuilt Chickering Concert Grand was for sale at a local music store. It was about the same age as your piano.

I know what you mean by it being "straight-strung". However, others might not. If possible and not too inconvenient, would you mind posting an image of the full length of the strings with the lid open, as you stand in front of the keyboard, please?

I can give you some tips about the ways to examine it physically in order to know what might need to be done in order to get it into the best shape playing-wise and so that it would also have the most monetary value. It would be helpful if you and I could be on here at the same time though.

What time zone are you in, please? I'm in the Central Time Zone of the U.S.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the approximate value of a francis bacon baby grand piano [ 3 Answers ]

Thanks in advance for answering this question. I have a baby grand piano in good shape and would like to know its approximate worth.

How do we remove the legs of an Adam Schaaf grand piano? [ 7 Answers ]

We want to move an Adam Schaaf grand piano. It is in its original location and movers could not remove the legs. The piano is in Chicago. How might we go about getting this piano moved?

1931 Francis Bacon baby grand piano [ 29 Answers ]

I would like to know a price and/or history on a 1931 Francis Bacon baby grand piano.

Francis Bacon Grand Piano Need Age/Appr Value [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Francis Bacon Grand Piano in Fair Condition and need appr value and age, the only model number I can find is "40643" That's all I can find except for the following under it on which has "112349" Any help with this will be greatly appreciated. :)

1950 Francis Bacon Baby Grand Piano [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone have information on a 1950 Francis Bacon Mahogany Baby Grand piano. Such as what a fair price would be/

View more questions Search