Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jenilyn0917 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2010, 11:09 AM
    Prospect made application at apt complex, paid app fee, are they obligated to lease?
    Made an application, paid application fee, left a check to pay security deposit WHEN they came to sign a lease. They have changed their mind, don't want to lease there anymore but apt complex says they are obligated to leave their security deposit because they reserved a unit for them. The agreement was that the check for security deposit would not be deposited until lease was signed. Are they obligated to leave their security deposit now and/or lease from that complex? Or can they move on to somewhere else?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 31, 2010, 12:39 PM

They are not obligated to the lease, since it was not signed.

They are obligated to any terms of the application, what did it say about the deposit. Next why did you leave one ? Was it a requirement, if so what was the rules on it you were given

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I determine what to charge on apt complex [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I own a licensed, bonded, insured cleaning service in southeastern michigan. An apt complex called me today and asked for a bid on cleaning services on their apts. There are one/two bedrooms, stove clean, carpet if not replaced, cupboards, bathrooms, windows inside. What/how do I charge????...

Apt Complex Sold So I lose my deposit [ 1 Answers ]

THe current owner of my apt complex says he will not give me my deposit back because I gave it to the original owner and he is not responsible. Is this correct?

CA: Signed lease/gave deposit but owners made changes to apt. [ 4 Answers ]

I live in Los Angeles and my boyfriend and I recently signed a lease and gave a security deposit for a one bedroom apartment. The apartment had recently been renovated, and when we originally went to look at it, the appliances were not installed yet (stove, fridge, washer/dryer). But we were told...

How do I find out who owns an apt. Complex? [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter is away at college, and her apt. was NOT ready at move in as promised. The Landlord is a real estate company handling the property. He has told me he is not the owner. How can I find the OWNER?

Complex Service Entrance/Generator Transfer App [ 24 Answers ]

Information: 1) Electrical engineering degree :) , but not an electrician :( , 2) need help understanding NEC requirements for this application, 3) will have commercial electrician help but want understanding of requirements beforehand, 4) there are no permits, no inspectors, no code requirements...

View more questions Search