Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Sep 4, 2010, 10:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mpcash View Post
    ...The town ILLEGALLY (without easement) put his grinder pump on our property. We want it off...this is our right. If his grinder pump goes out, they need our permission to come on our property to fix his grinder pump. they have an easement to fix ours. that we signed 5 years ago.
    The grinder pump belongs to the town, not the homeowner? If so, the easement would give the town the right to maintain your grinder pump as well as the connection from the pump to the sewer main. Check the wording of the easement: it may give the town the right to access all parts of the sewer system, including his pump. Or are you saying his pump is not within the area described by the easement?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 4, 2010, 11:51 AM

There are often set backs from properly lines for fences, so check your city zoning, it is different from set backs from the street.

And of course in most areas you need building permit for the fence.
    mpcash Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2010, 01:00 PM

The easement signed by me, only allows the town of hull to come onto my property to fix only my grinder pump. The water commissioner did not know why it is on our property. He said it was a "site decision" but nonetheless wrong. We do not need a permit in hull to erect a fence
    Expert

Sep 4, 2010, 02:15 PM
    ... now the water commission tells us we have to get approval from town to put up fence as the grinder pump pipes are 37 1/2 feet deep we we may not put something permenant over them..sounds very fishy to us. ...
    the easement signed by me, only allows the town of hull to come onto my property to fix only my grinder pump. The water commissioner did not know why it is on our property. he said it was a "site decision" but nonetheless wrong. we do not need a permit in hull to erect a fence
    Apparently you and the town disagree about the need for a permit.

Either
    • they are reading the easement differently than you are;
    • there is another easement of which you are unaware; or
    • there is a zoning ordinance-permit requirement that they aren't telling you about.

Sep 4, 2010, 06:50 PM

The town water commissioner agrees with us that is should not be where it is. The abutters pipe comes out the back of his house to his back yard. The water commissioner does not know why it was put where it is.. Seems to be a mystery to all... I think our abutter wanted it where it is. Does not interfere with his yard at all. He is that connyving and sneaky. A real dumb animal.

Sep 26, 2010, 03:41 PM
    Property line
    We installed a fence last week. We went in 4 inches from property line. Now our neighbor has started a rock wall right next to our fence, some are falling onto our property. Is there something we can do to stop all this nonsense, maybe a stop order or something and also where would we go to do this. Do we lose our 4 inches because we put the fen ce there or do we always maintain our property line... thanks so much for help
    Expert

Sep 26, 2010, 04:16 PM
    we installed a fence last week. we went in 4 inches from property line. now our neighbor has started a rock wall right next to our fence, some are falling onto our property. Is there something we can do to stop all this nonsense, maybe a stop order or something and also where would we go to do this. Do we lose our 4 inches because we put the fen ce there or do we always maintain our property line....thanks so much for help
    The side of the fence nearest your neighbor's property is 4" from the line? And the neigbor is encroaching on your property that 4"? I assume you have had the line surveyed so that you know for certain exactly where the line is.

Send the neighbor a letter courteously but firmly informing him that he is trespassing on your property and demanding that he cease and desist. If he ignores it, you will have to take him to court.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 26, 2010, 04:33 PM

I've merged all your threads as they relate to the same issue. I thought we had settled this already. Please don't start a new thread with the same issue.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 26, 2010, 04:59 PM

Oh, good, Scott - I thought it was me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Property line goes through doublewide [ 5 Answers ]

I purchased a lot with a doublewide on it.I recently had it surveyed and the property line goes two feet into doublewide.what should I do?thanks

Property line and position of the property markers [ 13 Answers ]

Hi, we have been having a problem with our neighbors about our property. It seems like they have been enchroaching more and more. Finally they got a survey but all I see are two markers, one is on the top asphalt separating the property to the left of them, then there is a marker all the way in the...

Property Line Dispute [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, I live in Massachusetts, my family and I have resided in our home for approximately 9 years now. I have never surveyed our property, and just recently retrieved a copy of our property line map from the town hall. I have been saving money over the past several years to put up a fence as...

Property line [ 11 Answers ]

Our new neighbors have a wild hair to enforce the property line. We have a retaining wall separating our driveways. We built the retaining wall with the previous neighbors, both families sharing the cost. The new neighbors had a surveyor friend come and mark up the property, claiming that the true...

Property line [ 1 Answers ]

Our garage wall defines property line. Neighbor has planted invasive vine on our garage wall which is only accessible through their property. Is there a Civil Code I can quote which would disallow this foliage. We live in So. California.

View more questions Search