Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    normrefct Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2010, 04:48 AM
    60's Kitchen Remodeling Design Help Badly Needed!!
    Hi to All!

We have a large open-spaced 60's Kitchen that is in dire need of a remodel. Is there a really good book, internet site, or anything that might guide us through this process without having to hire a designer?

We have 7' ceilings, need new cabinets, countertops, add an island, countertop material (which is really best?), recessed lights, upgrade electrical from 100-200amp (what does that cost?) flooring, open up a load bearing wall, etc.

If anyone's already gone through this process I would REALLY appreciate your suggestions.

Thank you!
    Norm
    Joeld Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2010, 05:44 AM
    Every space is different, kitchens are expensive to remodel, I don't know of any book, website that covers every situation, hiring a designer might offer more bang for your buck than any other part of the remodel.
    If you know what you want, you can take a sketch or your space to a Kitchen Center or Home Depot / Lowe's and they will be a lot of help to you. Good Luck
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 31, 2010, 07:41 AM

I agree with Joe.
    What you're proposing in involves all trades. Case in point: I'm a plumber. You wish to add a island sink and counter top? This involves redirecting the drainage and water pipes.
    Is there a really good book, internet site, or anything that might guide us through this process without having to hire a designer?
    There are books out there to give you ideas but the final design has to come from you. We can help but first we have to know exactly what you wish to accomplish. We then have to know what you have to work with. Slab or basement? Type of drainage. Material of countertops, etc. In short will need a lot more details then you've furnished.
    Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kitchen remodeling [ 0 Answers ]

Has anyone used a undermount cast iron sink under a granite counter top? I have only seen stainless steel used and do not like the look of it. Will a cast iron sink look out of place? Thanks for your input.

60's song title and artist needed [ 1 Answers ]

Please provide the song title/artist of this song: I only know these lyrics... Someday.. you may.. find true love that will last forever.. and ever.. till then.. you'll spend.. a lifetime... wishing for another lover Thanks.

Handicapped Kitchen remodeling for my paralyzed friend? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a friend who does not know that I'm researching this for him. He is almost 40 years old and broke his neck when he was 21 in an auto accident. He is a quadriplegic who regained feeling in his arms and hands, so he lives on his own because he is very independent. He bought a house and spent...

Remodeling and kitchen sink vent [ 1 Answers ]

Please see this previous post and the my related question. I have a question that I hope someone can answer.I have an older modular home that we've decided to upgrade the kitchen in.I'm installing new cabinets and a new sink and also have decided to add a dishwasher next to the sink base...

DB design needed [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have problem in design db of my system Here what I have: I have customers with many branches & Each branch has many machines & Each machine exists in many branches Also : each machine has many components Each component exists in many machines

View more questions Search