Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    socket650 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2010, 07:58 PM
    Water well pressure issues
    I have been reading the post on this subject and have a question that I have not seen addressed anywhere. I live in the country with a water well system. The house has low water pressure and requires a water softener to keep the hard water deposits down. I have been told the softener is not working do to low water pressure. My well and pressure tank are at the back side of a 1 acre wide 6 acre deep lot. The house sets on front of property about 1/4 mile from well. I have a 3/4 horse submersible pump in a well that is about 80 - 100 feet deep. What ideas do you have to increase the pressure to the house. I have considered a booster pump at the fence behind the house before the line splits and goses to barn system and to water softener.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jul 30, 2010, 08:30 PM

A 3/4 horse submerged pump at 100 feet should give you all the water you want. Your problem probably centers around the 1300 foot run to the house. What size pipe is used? A run that long of 3/4" pvc will use up some pressure by the time it gets to your house.
    socket650 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2010, 01:53 PM
    from what I have been able to tell they used 1 1/4 or 1 ,1/2 black roll pipe from the well to the house. I had to fix a T that had a rusted out shut-of value a couple years ago. So should have plenty of water flow just know pressure. It also looks like they spliced into the line going to the house to plumb in the water softener in the barn also. It appears to be 1" PVC pipe as that is what comes out of ground and into the barn. Thanks for any and all of your help
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2010, 06:32 PM

According to this website, you will only lose a negligible amount of pressure over that run of pipe. I don't know why I didn't bother to ask this to begin with, but what is your pressure at the pressure tank, prior to the long run of pipe? This might be a simple issue of just raising your tank pressure some.

http://www.druckverlust.de/Online-Rechner/dp.php

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water Pressure Issues - Inground Well [ 33 Answers ]

Hello - I don't have very many details, since I don't know where to start. We live in South Carolina, and our home is just one story. We have a well with a pump, the water pressure inside the house is very strange. When you turn on the water in the house/tub, it may trickle for up to 4-5...

Water pressure issues (not the ussual) [ 4 Answers ]

I have a funny situation in the town I just moved to. Instead of having 3/4" or 1" pipe bringing water into my house I have 5/8" pipe bringing in water. Because of this, when I run the shower (or some other item) there is not enough water pressure to run other taps, etc. There is the regular...

Well water pressure issues [ 7 Answers ]

I have lived in my house for 5 years and have always suffered from low water pressure but just recently decided to investigate. Turns out the system never gets any higher than about 32 PSI. If I turn the pressure switch up, the pump just runs continuously and the pressure does not go any higher. ...

Hot Water Pressure Issues [ 6 Answers ]

I'm having a problem where the how water is sputtering out of faucets and making a loud "jerking" noise from the hot water tank area when the washer tries to pull in hot water. I tried releasing the pressure relief valve on the hot water tank which hadn't been done in a while but did not seem to do...

View more questions Search