Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Spiegel27 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2010, 08:25 AM
    My ex girlfriend keeps texting me drunk, what's the best way to handle this?
    My girlfriend of 5 months who I thought was amazing turned out to be a piece of crap. She is 20 and I am 23 and she really showed her true colors at the end. Found out she was sending her ex boyfriend photos of herself at night, lying to me about where she was going out at night and who she was with and many more lovely lies. I told her to get lost and I have ignored her for a week. She came begging back saying she will change and do whatever it takes to prove to me that she will change. So fine I started talking to her again, and within 24 hours she went right back to pulling the same crap. So I said enough is enough and stopped talking to her. Its been a few days and I thought she FINALLY would stop contacting me but I was wrong... she sent me this very long, very insulting text message wasted drunk. Apparently I am immature, I have no balls, I will not be successful in life, I should feel insecure if "I know what she means" lol, she talks to her guy friends and they said I was a "baby" for getting mad about her ex, and plenty more moron insults. So my question is its bluntly obvious she is trying to get a rise out of me and trying to get me worked up so I would respond. The fact that she is out getting blasted drunk every night shows she is going crazy that I am not talking to her especially because she never drank like this before. So what would be the ultimate stick up her ? Responding back and telling her off even though she STILL after explaining to her 3 times what she did still doesn't think she did anything wrong (I know that's not the best option) OR what I really want to do is not respond ever ever ever ever no matter what and let her go insane that I am not giving into her weak blows. What do you think will that work? I mean for her to literally just dish out insults like your not a man, you have no balls, you're a loser, you should be insecure if you know what I mean LOL is she just sitting there thinking of things to say??

P.S.

I want to respond SOOOO BAD and tear her apart but I know it will only make her smile that I gave into her. So please help!
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2010, 08:43 AM

Get her number blocked from your cell phone. It is easier than you think, just contact your wireless provider. Responding will do nothing but feed her ego and lower you to her level.
    londongirl111 Posts: 25, Reputation: 7

Jul 30, 2010, 08:57 AM

Do not respond... by responding to her you are giving her what she wants. Be mature about the situation and just don't respond to her... Girls do some weird things to get a guys attention and by responding to her and insulting her back or saying that you are hurt by what she has said is just going to give her the attention that she wants so that she can text you back again. It will absolutely eat her up if you do not respond to this immaturity of hers. I am sure what she has said about you is not true at all, and you were very right to leave her for the reasons that you did. Forget about her, there are many other fish in the sea that are far nicer and would never do that to you!
    reckless Posts: 109, Reputation: 30

Jul 30, 2010, 12:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiegel27 View Post
    I want to respond SOOOO BAD and tear her apart
    If by "tear her apart" you mean "let her win."
    Ther4peuticH3at Posts: 116, Reputation: 38

Jul 30, 2010, 01:00 PM

Suffocate her. Don't give her anything. No contact, no attention, no piss for fire. Let her drown in her own toxicity.
    positiveparent Posts: 1,136, Reputation: 291
    -

Jul 30, 2010, 03:32 PM

Simple answer change your phone number, or get hers blocked from your phone.

You're doing the right thing by ignoring her, however one time she may do it and you in the heat of the moment respond, that's what she's hoping for, so get a new number or set about blocking hers from your phone.

Personally I think changing your number would be the best option that way she can't text you at all ever again.

Whatever you do though don't succumb and give in by responding...

Also just something you might want to try, whereas she's bad mouthed you, don't do the same, if anyone asks about you and she just tell them its over end of story. That way in time she is going to end up making herself look so petty and childish...
    SamBuzz Posts: 41, Reputation: 11

Jul 30, 2010, 03:54 PM

> she sent me this very long, very insulting text message wasted drunk

Just let that give you more resolve to stay on "no contact" with her.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Jul 31, 2010, 04:22 AM
    With you referring to her as 'a piece of crap', and her referring to you the way she does, your attitudes are getting in the way of being mature about this.

Women are not 'pieces of crap'. You are angry, you have your reasons, and she is angry at you, and uses inappropriate insults toward you. I can only imagine what the phone calls were like.

Somebody has to step up, and put an end to this, and it seems that has to be you.

As long as you are entertaining the idea of accepting phone calls in order to do the revenge thing, nothing will end.

Send her an email or text. In nice language, which is not condenming, insulting or hurtful, simply tell her that it is over. As her to not contact you in any way, and if she chooses to, you will not respond. Then do it, and stick to it. How she responds after that point, is none of your business.

The anger you have needs to be dissipated, and when you've finally made the break, work on figuring out what went wrong. The more you learn about yourself in this relationship, the more you will learn (if you are honest), what you need to do to change yourself, to have a more successful relationship, with someone else.

Sometimes two people are just not compatible. It has nothing to do with anything else, other than it just won't work. Better to know that now, than invest 10 years of your life and produce a couple of kids along the way.

She is a human being, and regardless of how disgusting you find her to be, and her behaviour, try to avoid falling into the trap of wanting to 'settle' things. The peace of mind from taking the high road, and taking charge of yourself and your decisions and behaviours, is the only way to go in my opinion.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 31, 2010, 12:24 PM

Delete, and block her, but never respond.
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2010, 02:01 PM

Download The Eagles. "Get Over It" as your ringtone. (Kidding) have her blocked.

NC.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Jul 31, 2010, 02:09 PM
    Had to spread the rep Kit, but, I love your answer. :D
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2010, 02:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake2008 View Post
    Had to spread the rep Kit, but, I love your answer. :D
    Thanks Jake... I couldn't resist :D

Really OP... NO CONTACT.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jul 31, 2010, 02:15 PM

Don't even read her text, just delete them, then you have nothing to respond to.
    As long as you are reading her angry rants, you will be angry as well. Don't even read them.
    SamBuzz Posts: 41, Reputation: 11

Aug 4, 2010, 06:11 AM

Some phones let you set ring tones for specific callers. You could set the ring tone for her contact to silent.

Aug 5, 2010, 04:00 PM
    Trying to stop thinking about my ex girlfriend, any suggestions?
    I posted a post like this a few weeks ago and I have taken everyone's advice. I have been doing so much better but still get my weak points. To the new comers, I was in a relationship with a girl who was 19 and I'm 24. We only dated for 5 months and everything started amazing. 4 months in she decided to show me the real her. Started sneaking behind my back hanging with her ex boyfriend, lying to me by saying she was sleeping when she was out hanging with her ex and who knows prob even sleeping with him. Having her phone die for entire nights when she was going "out with the girls." Finally I realized this is not the girl for me so I had to cut her loose. I tried talking to her about it and it just turned into a huge blow out about how I am over reacting and she is "confused" and her and her ex are only "Friends" yet she ignored my calls several nights to chat with the old boyfriend who by the way cheated on her yet she still talks to him?? Anyway I cut her off completely cold turkey. She has been sending nasty text messages just trying to get me to respond back to her. I can't even be friends with someone who lied like she did. I just like to hear some reassurance that I did do the right thing by cutting her off and should never respond again. I don't really believe in the whole "blocking" thing, I would prefer her to see what I am doing and see how much fun I am having with out her to stick it back in her face for being such a ***** and lying to me. I am moving in 2 weeks to the other side of the country and I couldn't of planned out the timing any better so it should be easier to forget her. What do you all think?
    lifeistough75 Posts: 56, Reputation: 29

Aug 5, 2010, 04:11 PM

Right on Brother!
    Just Looking Posts: 1,610, Reputation: 480
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2010, 04:18 PM

There is no doubt you are doing the right thing. I just answered your question about moving to LA. You won't believe the number of girls there. I bet you forget her pretty quickly. :)
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 5, 2010, 04:38 PM

You want to stop thinking about her? Definitely don't think about white bears.

Aug 5, 2010, 04:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    You want to stop thinking about her? Definitely don't think about white bears.

What lol?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 5, 2010, 04:49 PM

I hope you aren't thinking about white bears. You aren't, are you?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How Do I handle an Emotionally Unstable Girlfriend? [ 11 Answers ]

Hey everyone, I need all the input I can get on this one.. My girlfriend of 5 years has emotional issues. She is 27 and I am 29. We've been on a roller coster for the last 5 years and just many things have happen... recently to save a lot of your time, she is on probation for a DUI and this is...

Girlfriend of 3 years drops horrible bomb today - how do I handle it [ 8 Answers ]

We have been together for 3 years and have had a GREAT relationship. Both divorced with 2 boys and her ex lives about 6 hours away, but they always seem to work put making sure he gets his time even though he left her for another woman when her youngest was ONE month old and moved away. Needless...

Girlfriend texting other guy [ 6 Answers ]

Hey I've been with my girlfriend for over 3 years I completely love her,she says she loves me and I'm seriously considering proposing to her in the near future. She just got back from her holidays and she's been texting this guy that she met over there. They text each other all day, The other day...

I can't handle my girlfriend! [ 26 Answers ]

Hi , I was wondering if I could get some advice, I'm to embaressed to talk to anyone but my girlfriend about it... I can not handle my girlfriend , she is gorgeous and so many guys want her , I can't handle the she wears , and the type of girl she is... I have severe trust issues... and she says...

Me and my girlfriend of 3 years ended are relationship now she's texting me [ 2 Answers ]

Hi well I was with my girlf for 3yrz I was 17 and she was 15.. Iam now 20 going on 21 and she turned 19.. She works away I when we split up before for abit we just enjoyed are selfs going out drinking an partyin as we were over 18years old when then did get back together but while me split we did...

View more questions Search