Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Diamond94 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2010, 06:45 AM
    I turned of the water to my hot water heater and now have no water coming in my home.
    I turned off the water supply to my hot water heater because of a leak. As a result I lost water to the whole house. I have since replaced the hot water heater but still no water at all. There was intermittent water with very low pressure for a bit but now there is no pressure or water at all in any of the lines. There is a new hot water heater and we replaced the pressure gauge and the switch. We can hear the pump relay click every 15 seconds or so. No water comes in the house at all. The pump is a submersible. The water is turned on the breakers is on, (turned off now so to not burn up the pump). I do not understand why turning of the water supply to the hot water tank caused me to lose all my water. My house is under 20 years old. Any idea's? Thank you for your time.
    kryostar Posts: 108, Reputation: 11

Aug 1, 2010, 09:18 PM

I would check power to pump, If 220v make sure your getting 220v at the relay going to the pump. Then ohm the pump, check for continuity of motor windings. Good luck !
    kryostar Posts: 108, Reputation: 11

Aug 1, 2010, 10:21 PM

I would check power to pump, If 220v make sure your getting 220v at the relay going to the pump. Then ohm the pump, check for continuity of motor windings. Good luck !
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2010, 03:06 AM

If u had low pressure before replacing hot water tank, your well may have run dry.

Turn breaker on and watch gauge to see if getting any water.

Have u checked bladder tank to see if u have air in it. There is an air valve at top. If u get water out of valve, the bladder is bad and tank needs replacing.

More info if u can provide it.

Chuck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cold water coming out of hot water tap in bathroom but Really hot water in kitchen [ 7 Answers ]

Can anyone give me a reason as to why nearly completely cold water is coming out of my hot water tap in my bathroom but when I run the hot water tap in the kitchen the water is nearly boiling. The hot water and cold water taps are separate in the bathroom, where the kitchen has a handle which...

New hot water heater but I only get hot water when the heat is turned on [ 3 Answers ]

I live in an apartment that was recently gut renovated and I have a new hot water heater as well. The issue is that I have to turn on the heat in order to get hot water in the shower, kitchen and bathroom sinks, otherwise the water is cold. When the heat is on, the water is very hot, but...

Censible hot water heater is turned all the way up but runs out of hot water. [ 1 Answers ]

A 20 year old Censible 50 Gal 510E hot water heater runs out of hot water after 1/2 showers. Temp control is turned to maximum. No leaks observed. Additionally, it appears to take a bit of time before hot water materializes at all faucets. Replacement contemplated but does it appear this is...

Water is turned off to my house. What will the hot water heater do? [ 1 Answers ]

Water is turned off to my house do to a pump problem. Is it OK to leave the water heater on?

Water coming out of my hot water heater [ 2 Answers ]

I just instaled a new bonnett on my shower. While adjusting it I turned off the water main valve severl times... on off on off. When I finally got the water to turn off and on properly on the shower, I then turned back on the waters main valve. Then the water heaters T&P valve was fine, but water...

View more questions Search