Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    massihi Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2006, 04:24 PM
    1995 civic ex won't start
    Please help. My VTEC 1995 civic cranks, but won't start. I just had the fuel pump, filter and spark plugs changed. I consulted a mechanic and he told me to remove the sparks and put a table spoon of motor oil inside (where the plugs used to be)! Then he said I should put back the spark plugs and crank the engine for about 30 seconds. I'm not sure if I should do this. Any suggestions?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Dec 18, 2006, 04:31 PM
    At this stage, I wouldn't do it! Read the sections A and B on ignition system troubleshooting:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...ons-46563.html

Your problem is most likely with the ignition system.
    massihi Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2006, 04:58 PM
    I'm sure the ignition system works pretty good. Any other possibilites? It can't be the fuel relay, can it?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Dec 18, 2006, 05:29 PM
    The fuel relay is one component of the ignition system.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1995 Honda Civic Won't Start [ 9 Answers ]

Please help guys, let me first say that I don't really know much about cars, just a little. A few weeks ago my engine overheated because of a failed radiator. Me and my dad replaced the radiator, and discovered water was leaking into the engine, it occasionally ran a little rough on start, but...

1995 Honda Accord may not start [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 1995 Honda Accord SE. About 6 months ago I started having problems starting the car. Once the car started, it would run with no problems. This initially happened once every couple of weeks and when it happens, I would let the car sit for awhile and it would start later. It now happens...

Occasional won't start 1995 Camry [ 3 Answers ]

My daughter (college) has a 1995 Camry that occasionally won't start after she stops to get gas. Long stops or starting after long sitting is not a problem. I have asked her to notice if there are any clicking noises from under the hood. She says no. I have asked her to shift the (Automatic trans)...

1995 Honda Civic CX overheating [ 7 Answers ]

We are having trouble with my daughter's car. It overheats in traffic but does not seem to on highway. We have checked the radiator level and filled it but after a short while it needs refilling but we cannot find a leak anywhere. We thought she might have blown the headgasket when it first...

1995 Honda Civic Horn [ 3 Answers ]

Hi All: How do I attach the wries to the horn for a 1995 Honda Civic? Which wires go where? TIA Mike

View more questions Search