@ Scott - Whats NPD?
    Market Research | Consumer Market Research - NPD
    HotPotato2009 Posts: 706, Reputation: 15

Jul 30, 2010, 08:12 AM

Oh OK...
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Aug 3, 2010, 02:59 PM

Basically just agreeing with everything ScottGem said. I do surveys for several companies. They are legit. They might pay or give points for rewards. I would never, ever think about calling it a "job." As he said, it doesn't even come out to minimum wage, and that's only even counting the time you actually do them.

You should take the surveys because you want to, because you want to put your 2c in. Now if you're in a country where the cost of a computer game is your entirely monthly salary, it's worth more. But for most of us, you need to do it cause you want to. And any cash or rewards should be looked at as nothing but a small bonus. And you don't always qualify for them. (That will partly depend on demographics. I think I'm in a popular demographic category that closes out quickly. Harris Poll is one that doesn't seem to disqualify you for that reason, though if you answer "no" to "do you own..." it'll skip to the end and you get very few points.)

I've gotten less than a total of about $150 in cash, that's over years. (About $110 is from one place, Global Test Market, and the rest comes in $2-5 increments.) I've got a few nice things with points, mostly recently about $35 in Amazon gift certificate. I've also gotten a pair of binoculars, a cheap cassette player, a really terrible phone headphone set that got pitched. :rolleyes: (Let the points add up and get the better stuff.) But this is all over years, so what's that come out to per month - um, very little. But I certainly don't mind getting the stuff. :D

I'm a member of NPD as well. They only enter you in drawings. I let my points build up there and maybe some day I'll have enough to actually win the lousy $100 prize. Their surveys are a big variety and so are Harris Poll's. But some places tend towards certain types of things.

What is a scam, however, is a place that wants money to send you a list of the survey places.
    HotPotato2009 Posts: 706, Reputation: 15

Aug 4, 2010, 08:50 AM

Well said morgaine :-) Thanks for that!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

"Form" placed in "Microsoft Access" can be accessed from a "Button" in "VB.Net" App [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, Actually, I'm not very well in programming but a task is assigned to me related to .Net. Basically, there is a database in Microsoft Access. I have made forms in it which are based on queries to retrieve required results. I have also made graph of it. Now, I have to merge this...

View more questions Search