Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hil83 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2003, 09:57 AM
    I need serious mental health

Before I get started I just want to say I'm not a pervert or sick in the head, I'm 20 and I'm starting to have feelings for a 13 year old, I'm just wondering how much pychiatric help I need because this shouln't be happening because it is very wrong
    Thanks
    dwalex Posts: 69, Reputation: 3

May 27, 2003, 11:47 AM
    I need serious mental health
    Many thirteen year olds appear to be adult in both appearance and at least on the surface in maturity. Your feelings are natural and not perverted as you have not acted on them. Self control is what you need. If you ever feel like you are in danger of losing that self control and acting on your lustful thoughts, THEN SEEK help. Otherwise, keep the relationship friendly with you being the mature adult role model and encourage this youngster to strive for all his/her dreams. And at the same time, you get out there and work towards your dreams and get involved with others that are your age and I'll bet the right person will happen by.

Best wishes,
    dwalex
    Jeree Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2007, 01:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hil83
    before i get started i just want to say i'm not a pervert or sick in the head, i'm 20 and i'm starting to have feelings for a 13 year old, i'm just wondering how much pychiatric help i need because this shouln't be happening because it is very wrong
    thanks
    Well that is wrong but you really don't need a doctor you need Jesus!
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2007, 02:19 PM
    That's way too young. Seek help.
    kristynn Posts: 502, Reputation: 66

Mar 5, 2007, 04:00 PM
    Yeah, sure that's wrong mostly because you're 18+, not because of the age gap.

What if you simply stay away from that 13 year-old and hang-out with people of your age? I'm sure you'll meet someone else who you'd really like.

You don't need psychiatric help. Unless you really feel like you do - do you?
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2007, 04:39 PM
    Hey guys. Before picking up a "thread" to answer, you really should doublecheck the date. This posting is just about 4 years old. Doubt very much the original poster will be seeing this. :)
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2007, 06:58 PM
    She'll be old enough for him now!

I didn't think you could post on 4 year old threads??
    kristynn Posts: 502, Reputation: 66

Mar 5, 2007, 07:53 PM
    LOL I didn't even check the date

... I wonder what happened though!
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2007, 05:10 AM
    Look at the guy's other posts. Something doesn't add up. I think it was either a crank or this guy was posing as the girl's father because he didn't know the answers to questions she was asking. I would opt for the latter. I think she was coming onto him and the guy was really having some problems with it. Very disconcerting to say the least but the guy seemed very aware that this was not normal and he was scared. I suspect he spoke to his friends and family about it. I think if he did anything, he would have been back, either in a bit of a frenzy as to how to deal with this further, or on the criminal law boards wondering what to do about the mess he got himself in.

Just as a reminder, it always helps to check and see if the person has posted anything else, besides the old date problem I already pointed out. I find if they have posted previously, it does help me to get a good handle on the person.
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2007, 03:44 PM
    Wow - I didn't even see the date. That seems to be happening a lot lately.

Yes - shre old enough now!
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2007, 03:54 PM
    Wildcat, you are right. A lot of new people are picking up very old threads lately.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Mental health (dreams) [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, my boyfriend has a problem with dreams. I want to help him. For now all I need to know is what exactly dreaming with water or floating on waters means? This is a constant dream, actually a nightmare. He has also dream with fire, him burning in fire. And other times, him floating on air. ...

My Mental Block [ 2 Answers ]

What's up, Im a Sophomore in high school, and I'm in high jump right now and the state tourny is right around the corner, does anybody know how I can go just 3 or 4 more inchees higher. I have been going 6 3 all year but there is a mental block after that, what are some tips for me to get that...

Mental and emotional health during pregnancy [ 3 Answers ]

I'm in my 9th week of pregnancy.As a child I used to Dream a lot... but since last few years I 've been Talking to myself in the day time or you can say anytime Rather than sleep... I feel it's a kind of say role Playing stuff. I'll think about some discussion going On & talk as all the...

View more questions Search