Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    akalisa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2006, 04:03 PM
    Can an ex-cheater be trusted?
    He was married and cheated on his wife. He did get a divorce and was honest with his ex-wife about the reason. He then tried to maintain a relationship with the person he cheated on his wife with, until he realized that she was cheating on him. He was very hurt and didn't have a relationship for a time, until we started dating. I've been cheated on before and am having trouble trusting him. He swears that he's changed and that he learned from his experience and does not want to go through any of that again. He says that he would break things off with me before he would ever cheat. He says that I have no reason to trust him. I feel that he does not have bad intentions with me, but his track record tells me that I shouldn't trust him. Can this man be trusted?:confused:
    2depressed Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2006, 04:27 PM
    akalisa, it depends of his behavior, don't do anything until you are sure, sure he might have cheated a bit, but how do you know he will do it again, I have... well I guess I used to have a friend who cheated on my boyfriend but then he started going out with my bf's f and he has dun nothing bad, people can change...
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Dec 18, 2006, 05:09 PM
    Yes, people can change, but often, they don't, especially when it comes to fidelity in relationships. If you want to be sure, break it off with him. If you don't mind taking a risk, roll the dice.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 18, 2006, 05:23 PM
    People can change if they want to. But knowing what you know and being unsure, go very, very slow until you KNOW for sure if he can be trusted. Blind faith is not enough, caution is better. Oh, did I say very slow? I mean't verrry SLOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooW! ( And that's only if you really feel he's worth it, not hope, FEEL.)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search