Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bensisler Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2010, 05:39 PM
    Pay mortgage in case of layoff
    When I refinanced my home with lendamerica I was also put in touch with a company that would pay my mortgage in case of a job loss for more than 60 days. They checked up on me every six months for awhile to make sure all was okay. Well they haven't checked on me for awhile and I've been unemployed for four months. My problem is that I don't know the name of the foundation. Can you help?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jul 29, 2010, 05:48 PM

Its either in your original loan documents or one of the supplements near it. Are you paying on this through your mortgage?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 29, 2010, 06:33 PM

While I have heard of this for credit cards, I have not heard of it on home loans. But, you would have it in writing, ( a contract) it could not be verbal. Next you would have paid and be paying a premium for this, ( is there something in the payments you are making?)

Your first stop is to read all the paper work you signed, next to contact the lender

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it best to pay off a mortgage or get a tax break on the mortgage interest payment? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 4.75% mortgage rate. Would it be best just to pay off the loan?

Should I pay off my Mortgage [ 5 Answers ]

I bought a house less than 1 yesr ago. I paid $317,000. I put 150K down. At present I owe 163K. I have $164K. Both my wife and I are retired military and bring home after taxes $5700 per month and then I work part time and bring home $2,000 per month. That means $7700 per month after taxes....

Mortgage pay off [ 2 Answers ]

Insteed of refinancing a 10.5% mortgage on $40,000. Suppose you just took Out a loan at 5% or anything below the 10.5% and paid off the mortgage

Do I pay sell my stock, pay off my mortgage or credit card debt? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Here are my dilemmas. I own a two family home worth $925,000. I have $95K and five years left on this mortgage. This home gives me about $1,200 in income AFTER expenses are paid each month. I don't live in this home. I have $135K in a 401K and approximately $135K in stock. I have...

Should I pay off my mortgage [ 8 Answers ]

In a few months I will have enough money and some extra to pay off my mortgage. I still owe $175,000 and it's still fairly new, so I have a little less than 30 years to go. I hate having a mortgage payment, but I could use the money for other investing also. I don't know what to do. I am 47...

View more questions Search