Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vtolie63012 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2010, 09:33 AM
    Car was surrendered and received an telephone call for a settlement agreement and the
    Car was surrendered and received a telephone call for a settlement offer agreement and then received an email confirmation with the details, made my first payment ,now I received a call from a lawyer for wage garnishment says they want the full amount.Is this legal?
    Vickie
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2010, 09:39 AM

Hello v:

If you have a written payment plan, and you have not violated it, they cannot sue you. Without a court ordered judgment, which they'll only get IF they sue, they CAN'T garnish your wages. Oh, they can THREATEN to do it, but that's all it is.

If you DON'T have their agreement in WRITING, (email COUNTS), then they can sue you, get a judgment and garnish your wages.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to answer a telephone call [ 5 Answers ]

:cool: hi there I'm new here!! Is there anybody here that can help me.I've got this problem when answering a telephone call,we are on shipping business so mostly all of our client is foriegner.I just need some right ethics on how to talk to them in a nice way.its just because I'm not that good in...

Divorce Settlement Agreement Example [ 4 Answers ]

Does anyone have a good site for a model divorce settlement agreement?

Divorce settlement agreement [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to know if I get divorce before 2 years of marriage I need to do a divorce settlement agreement? I know the law is different is this case. Can you explain to me? We don't have any properties together. Actually we don't have anything together. I just know his credit is really bad. ...

1099 for Settlement Agreement [ 1 Answers ]

Can my builder, who signed a settlement agreement waiving any and all debts and paying us an agreed upon sum to repair defects for which he was fired, send us a 1099 for the settlement amount plus any debt he says was owed when he was fired? We settled for a mere $7500 and he sent us a 1099 for...

View more questions Search