Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    notebndr Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2006, 12:18 PM
    Wicked 6
    Okay ,here goes. Recently my friends and I had a debate over the sigificance of four sixes in a row as compared to three sixes as a sign of evil .Are four sixes in a row more evil than three? Just wondering... :confused:
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Dec 18, 2006, 12:31 PM
    The number of the beast is specifically stated in the new testament of the bible:

"This calls for wisdom: let him who has understanding reckon the number of the beast, for it is a human number, its number is six hundred and sixty-six." (Revelation 13:18)

"The beast" is often interpreted to be Satan.

This is where the western world's interpretation of 666 as being evil comes from.

There is no mention of 6666, so we can probably assume that this number is perfectly safe and has no significance. There's no reason to believe that a 6 is evil, and the more 6s you have, the eviller it gets.

There is also evidence to suggest that originally 616 was the number of the beast, and it was changed to 666 to make it more poetic. But that's another kettle of fish.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Step parents. Are they really wicked? [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, everyone. Not sure where to post this one exactly. As you may know my children and I are staying with my parents for the time being. Well one of the parents happens to be my step mother. My step mom and I have always had this sort of tension between us and the same with her and my brother....

View more questions Search