Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kingajsucks Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2010, 06:01 PM
    Psycic ability, what can be done?
    Firstly, let me start by saying that I am posting this for help or advice, so if you are one of the people who are just going to post up a lecture rationalizing what I say, save it and comment elsewhere...

Im writing this because me and my girlfriend want to seek help with what we both feel is a psychic ability she's had for her entire life. She's only recently started to open up to me about what goes on and what she sees, and how frustrated she is because she doesn't know what to do to make it better.

I've done enough research and seen enough programs to know that spirits are more attracted to people with these types of powers. However this isn't anything that either of us find "fascinating" and want to talk to someone who might help her be normal, or help us understand how to better deal with this.

Im not psychic myself in any way, but I've experienced some of the same odd behavior that other people describe. I however am not used to it, and frankly am not amused at all. We talk sometimes about taking our relationship further, but we'd both like it to just be the two of us, not the two of us plus nightly company.

I won't start going into detail about what she describes to me and what I myself have experienced because its irrelevant. It's all the same stuff you have heard over and over again. So if anybody has any information or rescorces that can help, we would really, really appreciate it. Thanks.
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

Jul 28, 2010, 06:22 PM

The term psychic has many definitions, without knowing what branch you claim it is impossible to do much.
    Is it seeing the future? Reading minds? A spirit medium? Or what? Without details, I don't know how to advise you.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jul 28, 2010, 06:28 PM

Totally agree.

Jul 28, 2010, 06:35 PM

I apoligize for any confusion, but I think I mentioned that there were spirits being attracted to her. There's no future prediction or fortune telling involved.
    Expert

Jul 28, 2010, 06:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kingajsucks View Post
    I apoligize for any confusion, but I think I mentioned that there were spirits being attracted to her. Theres no future prediction or fortune telling involved.
    That is still not much to try and form an opinion as to even what is it you are asking. Seeking help is mentioned. But help in stopping it, understanding it , or trying to make it stronger.

I have personally seen and experienced too much to discount anything. But information is necessary or the advice will be weak or useless.

I assure you I will not ridicule or you or just brush your concerns off.

The idea of this site is to offer help.
    KansasCity Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Jul 28, 2010, 07:15 PM

This is just my opinion, OK? The bible has a lot to say on the subject of spirits, since it's the best selling book of all time you might want to take a look. According to Gods Holy word all spirits who distrub you or torment you are evil and should be taken very seriously,and according to what I have read, they are allowed on people for various reasons, unforgiveness seems to be a big one. I would call around to a few churches and see what they tell you but more than likely this will take more action than just wishing them away.

Jul 28, 2010, 07:23 PM

I understand, but I thought I was pretty clear in my initial posting without going into entertaining ghost stories.

But yes, we are seeking help in possibly stopping it all together. She doesn't want to be able to see or hear the entities or appiritions anymore. I've never been one to just jump to a conclusion, so let me just say (again, without going into spooky stories) that I believe what she is describing because even though I don't see the activity in its entirety as she does, I've seen and heard enough to know there is no logic that can explain it away.

So other than calling 1-800-Psychic, we don't know where to look for help or information.

Jul 28, 2010, 07:29 PM

Were were both raised Catholic, but you can't exactly call us "devoted" Catholics. However, the thought has crossed my mind. It's just I'd like to know exactly what to say when we go. "Ghosts follow her. Make them go away..." won't really be a convincing or even concerning angle.

And as far as "unforgiveness" goes, she's had this since she was a little girl. What she could be unforgiven for, I could not imagine.

Jul 28, 2010, 07:39 PM

Martinizing, is there a way to continue this through email? If Im going to have to go into fine detail, I'd rather not post it up for all to see. I don't exactly feel awesome talking about all this, you know?
    Expert

Jul 28, 2010, 08:59 PM

I am not clear on the policy here. Give me time to be sure .
    Hexxie Posts: 152, Reputation: 12

Jul 28, 2010, 10:20 PM

Dear Kingajsucks,

I can sympathize with you not wanting to go into detail. Unfortunately, Martinizing2 is right. Without knowing more about the situation it is hard to know in what direction to steer you. For example, I might not advise someone with audible abilities the same as I would someone with sentient abilities. There are also other things to consider such as to what extent, location, duration, to name a few. Perhaps you can elaborate without going into intimate detail? Me, personally, I need more information before I can help you out.

Good luck to you and your girlfriend.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 28, 2010, 11:01 PM

Sadly I don't have any advice or help to offer. I really wish I did, and I can only wish you and your girlfriend the best.

I'm posting to let you know that asking someone to continue a discussion offline is against the rules of this site. There are many reasons for this, one is that posting all the info here can and will help someone else looking for similar advice. Another point is that private conversations cannot be monitored for accuracy.

PM's on this site (private messages) are for chatting, to let people know about a thread they may have missed, for friendly back and forth. It is not to be used to offer advice.

I hope you understand and again, I wish you the best of luck.
    Expert

Jul 29, 2010, 12:20 AM

Thank you for the clarification .
    Pets Expert

Jul 29, 2010, 12:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by martinizing2 View Post
    Thank you for the clarification .
    No problem. :)
    Expert

Jul 29, 2010, 12:26 AM
    Martinizing, is there a way to continue this through email? If Im going to have to go into fine detail, I'd rather not post it up for all to see. I dont exactly feel awesome talking about all this, you know?
    I understand the hesitation . I have had experiences I would be more than cautious to tell to anyone anywhere.

But the people here are here to help and not ridicule or belittle people asking for help.
    There may be some with different ideas that can be of help.

I would encourage you to go on but of course the decision is yours.
    Pets Expert

Jul 29, 2010, 12:31 AM

I also want to mention that you're completely anonymous here. No one knows who you are, unless you plan to tell them, and we strongly advise against that and even delete personal info when it's posted, to protect our posters.

That's the beauty of being on a site like this. You can tell your story, without fear of it being linked to your personal life.

The choice is yours, just want you to know that you can be upfront and honest here, and I believe that there are people here that can help you with this issue, but sadly, they need more details in order to help. That's often the way it is before we can give advice.

I hope you come back. If not, I wish you all the best.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2010, 12:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    I also want to mention that you're completely anonymous here. No one knows who you are, unless you plan to tell them, and we strongly advise against that and even delete personal info when it's posted, to protect our posters.

That's the beauty of being on a site like this. You can tell your story, without fear of it being linked to your personal life.

The choice is yours, just want you to know that you can be upfront and honest here, and I believe that there are people here that can help you with this issue, but sadly, they need more details in order to help. That's often the way it is before we can give advice.

I hope you come back. If not, I wish you all the best.
    I just wanted to add/clarify something...

And, that would be that, true, you can be totally anonymous here. However, if someone knows your user name and it's the same user name that you've used for other sites where other people know who you really are, then I would suggest being very careful about what you post here because this site gets excellent exposure on the Internet.

Thanks!
    Expert

Jul 29, 2010, 01:26 AM
    Were were both raised Catholic, but you can't exactly call us "devoted" Catholics. However, the thought has crossed my mind. It's just I'd like to know exactly what to say when we go. "Ghosts follow her. Make them go away..." wont really be a convincing or even concerning angle.

And as far as "unforgiveness" goes, shes had this since she was a little girl. What she could be unforgiven for, I could not imagine.
    Since this was posted I will at least go on from here.

I think asking someone at your church is a great idea. Since the Catholic church still have exorcists (as an example) they obviously take these matters seriously.
    It could give you a different perspective and be of great value.

I would tell them straightforwardly , you feel that spirits or some form of entity has been interfering in your life and causing problems. And you are there to ask for opinions and help.

This may be a start to figure this out. And I know these can take a lot of figuring out.

Please get back and continue , I think you can find some answers here of at least some things to do to to find a starting place.

I wish you well and may God help you choose the best way to find what you seek.

Jul 29, 2010, 05:30 AM

I appreciate the feedback. But Im not sure exactly what kind of details it is that people want me to post. Be specific. The fact that nobody has even asked a specific question as to what "information" Im missing makes me that much more suspicious.

Im here for help or advice. If you can, if you know, if you have the heart, then tell me what you know.

To the ones who have already given an opinion, thank you. Its all I ask.
    Expert

Jul 29, 2010, 05:42 AM

Well it is hard to figure out exactly what is happening .Without some detail. You said it is irrelevant but it doesn't seem that way from my perspective.

What does your girlfriend see?
    What have you experienced ?
    Has it seemed to want to do you harm?
    Are there any beneficial sides to this?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A truthful psycic insight [ 2 Answers ]

I seek an insight career wise and will I ever meet a man that will marry me? I sense my soulmate is out there, but how and when exactly will we find each other?

Is there a psycic out there who will assist me? [ 3 Answers ]

Is there really a psycic who can help me with out me paying 19.95 or anything. I really have a problem I need help with and the last person I was lead to was supposed to just be a normal helpful person and tried to charge me $2,500 to help me. I know there is people out there who can explain some...

Ability with food [ 1 Answers ]

Scientists performed an experiment to determine whether there is a connection between learning ability and food. They took two groups of 20 mice each, all from the same purebred strain. The mice were deprived of food for 3 days and then given a standard learning session in running through a maze....

View more questions Search