Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ninjakittydoom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2006, 11:40 AM
    501c7 working for a LLC
    Hello what is th rules on a nonprifit 501c7 workking for a forprofit LLC
    Northwind_Dagas Posts: 348, Reputation: 83

Dec 18, 2006, 03:38 PM
    What do you mean "working for?" A 501c7 is not designed to earn profit, although 35% of income can come from non-purpose methods. However, this 35% is NOT tax-exempt. Also, only 15% of income can come from public use of the organization's facilities.

What exactly is the 501c7 doing for the LLC?
    hotshot1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2009, 09:01 AM

Hi I own a small hobby farm I want to start a horse rescue and be a nonprofit the land and the barns need to be updated how do I go about getting money for repairs in starting the noprofit all my money is in the land in home if I don't something soon to get some help I may lose my home
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 12, 2009, 05:21 AM

Hello hot:

I don't know how you found this old thread to ask your question on... You should have started your own. Oh, well.

If you have money in your land, get a second mortgage to start your business.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Switching from LLC to S-Corp [ 1 Answers ]

We've been an LLC for just a couple of months and have decided to become an S-Corp. We're in NY. We've got start-up costs invested and don't want to take a loss on our personal return when we dissolve the LLC - we'd rather get this money back. Can we transfer the assets and liabilities to the new...

LLC distribution [ 0 Answers ]

There is a Limited Liability Company in which its partners receive a monthly salary if the funds are available. If the company received a large sum of money and the partners decided to take a distribution from the company according to their ownership percentage, what account should be debited? ...

View more questions Search