Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mulattomama Posts: 36, Reputation: 7

Jul 28, 2010, 11:17 AM
    40th birthday celebration suggestions
    I live in Chicago and will turn 40 February of 2011. I want to do something fun and memorable. I've thought of taking a trip or just having some kind of party here. I'm looking for help for some unique ideas. I don't want to just go to dinner.

1. I would want my 2 kids involved - they're 1 and 3 yrs old
    2. I don't drink so not really interested in just going to a bar or nightclub (plus then the kids can't come)
    3. If I stay in Chicago, I would probably invite my extended family, which mostly consists of 60-70 yr olds

I'm at a loss of what to do. Open to a trip somewhere for a long weekend maybe but it would need to be relatively inexpensive. Open to something in the city like a cool place to eat and then followed by entertainment or something.

Help please!
    unluckynut Posts: 294, Reputation: 23

Aug 8, 2010, 03:26 AM

Maybe you could just go to a family restaurant with a little room, so your party can dine alone and talk in it for dinner. Have everyone bring a picture of them when they were 40, good conversation starters, I'm sure lots of laughs. Have them dress from the 70's I think that's right, when you were born. Look up on line the popular things that happened back then.
    I'm sure there is more I can think of but I'm up too late already. 5:25 am. Good night for now!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Be-Ro celebration cake [ 5 Answers ]

Hi everyone My wife used to bake a celebration cake from Home Recipes with Be-Ro flour cookbook. It is a paperback third A4 folded size booklet. When we got a new one (38th edition), as the old was was getting rather tatty, we threw the old one away. Ah but the celebration cake was omitted and...

2009 Parelli Celebration commercial [ 1 Answers ]

Who performs the 2009 Parelli Celebration commercial song..?

Ex Birthday suggestions [ 8 Answers ]

Hey there, broke up almost 11 months ago, about 3 months NC, she did breaking, but still OK terms. ANyhow its her birthday coming up and little unsure. Send text or do nothing, she's in relationship I think.. I just trying to be mature about it. Obviously still care about her, but don't want to...

View more questions Search