Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Shontelle77 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2010, 10:04 AM
    My brother sees a "Black shadow Man"
    I woke up this morning and went downstairs, I saw my brother whose 7 years old and the first thing he did was run up to me and say ( with a scared look on his face) "I saw a shadow man." Of course, because he's only 7 years old and has a vivid imagination... I didn't believe him... but I still caught interest. I asked him "Really? What did the man look like?" And he replied, "He had a long neck, no eyes, no arms, and the rest of his body was curly with no legs." At this point I still didn't believe him... so I said "okay... what happened?" & he said, " I was in mamas bed with Madison (my 3 year old sister) and when i looked down the hallway next to mamas candles in the bathroom, i saw him! So i closed my eyes... and then opened them! And he came closer... i got soo scared i peed my pants a little." I couldn't help but laugh... So I said "Okay..? wheres the pants you peed in?..." and he said "UPSTAIRS LET ME GO GET THEM!" and I said okay... "i will come with you.." I didn't trust him... I thought he'd probably go to the sink really fast and wet the pants. But he just quickly went to his room and brought them.. he didn't even have the time to go to the sink. At this point I started to get a little convinced.. the poor kid was really freaked out.. he asked if he could sleep with me in my room. Odly, I remembered how a few nights ago I was sleeping in my room and saw a black shadow out of the corner of my eyes QUICKLY move across my bathroom mirror.. I thought I was just seeing things! So I ignored it.. but looked again and kept seeing something run across my bathroom mirror! But when I looked directly at it... it was gone. I am near sided. So I thought it was just my vision.. but I FELT the presence of someone there.. watching me... I didn't want to think of myself as crazy so I ignored it and went to bed. We've lived in this house for 2 years.. its new.. and wasn't built long ago. I believe it was built in the 2000's.. I'm 15 years old.. I don't get what's going on?
    bidingmytime Posts: 92, Reputation: 13

Jul 28, 2010, 10:31 AM

Hmm... that's interesting. Do you think it's a bad spirit or a benign one? Could just be shadows and imagination, hard to say. I say just wait around and see if anything else happens.
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

Jul 28, 2010, 11:33 AM

Too many things go on in this world to simply dismiss anything as impossible .

But there are so many things that happen that can be explained with reason , logic and investigation.

Overactive imagination of a 7 year old is a possibility. And when he told you about it your brain could have grasped the idea and put the definition you described onto what happened to you.

Candle light can play tricks with what you see , or think you see.
    The same can be said for images you catch out of the corner of your eye.
    Your brain is very very powerful and tries to explain things like this in a manner you understand and can cause things to seem less or more than they appear.

All houses have electric lights , heaters, places that the electricity comes into the house and then is sent to all the other parts of the house.
    Places like this create energy that can affect how people think and feel. It can make you feel kind of creepy and scared or even very sick if it is really strong.

There are many other things that could be part of it too.

Have a serious talk with your parents about this.
    See if it happens again and keep us posted.

Jul 28, 2010, 11:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bidingmytime View Post
    Hmm.... that's interesting. Do you think it's a bad spirit or a benign one? Could just be shadows and imagination, hard to say. I say just wait around and see if anything else happens.
    Hopefully its just an imagination.. I don't believe what I saw.. honestly. I feel crazy saying this. But I believe my brother.. he was so scared!

Jul 28, 2010, 11:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by martinizing2 View Post
    Too many things go on in this world to simply dismiss anything as impossible .

But there are so many things that happen that can be explained with reason , logic and investigation.

Overactive imagination of a 7 year old is a possibility. And when he told you about it your brain could have grasped the idea and put the definition you described onto what happened to you.

Candle light can play tricks with what you see , or think you see.
    The same can be said for images you catch out of the corner of your eye.
    Your brain is very very powerful and tries to explain things like this in a manner you understand and can cause things to seem less or more than they appear.

All houses have electric lights , heaters, places that the electricity comes into the house and then is sent to all the other parts of the house.
    Places like this create energy that can affect how people think and feel. It can make you feel kinda creepy and scared or even very sick if it is really strong.

There are many other things that could be part of it too.

Have a serious talk with your parents about this.
    See if it happens again and keep us posted.
    You're right. I defiantly will keep you posted... thank you so much(: But when I saw the shadows out of the corner of my eyes.. it was about a week ago. Not today when my brother came and told me about what happened to him.
    Expert

Jul 28, 2010, 12:55 PM

Have you talked to your parents about this? And if so what did they say?
    Hexxie Posts: 152, Reputation: 12

Jul 29, 2010, 12:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Shontelle77 View Post
    hopefully its just an imagination.. i dont believe what i saw.. honestly. i feel crazy saying this. But i believe my brother.. he was so scared!
    I believe your brother too.

Hello Shontelle,

Whether your brother actually did see this or it was just his imagination, HE believes he saw it. The important thing here is to support HIM. He was genuinely scared and needs to know he can feel safe and secure and that someone will protect him. I strongly urge you to talk to your parents about this. They may have more insight on the matter. Perhaps this is not the first time your little brother has seen things. Or maybe they too had a similar experience to yours. Or maybe they have the explanation for what happened. But you won't find out unless you talk with them. And they need to know where their little boy's fears are coming from. Only then can they begin to help.

Wishing you and your family all the best.
    Hexxie
    bidingmytime Posts: 92, Reputation: 13

Jul 29, 2010, 12:20 PM

Talking to your parents might be a good idea. They live in the same house too, so it's likely they may have since something as well.

Although, this would depend on the relationship you have with your parents and how they would respond to something like that. I know there are certain things you can talk to certain people about and certain things you can't. When I can't talk to any of the people around me, I post on here.

Jul 30, 2010, 10:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bidingmytime View Post
    Talking to your parents might be a good idea. They live in the same house too, so it's likely they may have since something as well.

Although, this would depend on the relationship you have with your parents and how they would respond to something like that. I know there are certain things you can talk to certain people about and certain things you can't. When I can't talk to any of the people around me, I post on here.
    BMT, there will always be someone here to help you.:D

Jul 31, 2010, 02:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexxie View Post
    I believe your brother too.

Hello Shontelle,

Whether your brother actually did see this or it was just his imagination, HE believes he saw it. The important thing here is to support HIM. He was genuinely scared and needs to know he can feel safe and secure and that someone will protect him. I strongly urge you to talk to your parents about this. They may have more insight on the matter. Perhaps this is not the first time your little brother has seen things. Or maybe they too had a similiar experience to yours. Or maybe they have the explanation for what happened. But you won't find out unless you talk with them. And they need to know where their little boy's fears are coming from. Only then can they begin to help.

Wishing you and your family all the best.
    Hexxie
    I talked to my mom about it... and she said it was "bad energy" in the house... so she blessed the house... and nothing has been seen and my brother tells me he's not afraid anymore. Im so relieved. My worst fear is paranormal stuff!
    Expert

Jul 31, 2010, 10:49 PM
    i talked to my mom about it... and she said it was "bad energy" in the house... so she blessed the house... and nothing has been seen and my brother tells me hes not afraid anymore. Im so relieved. My worst fear is paranormal stuff!
    I am glad to hear this, and thank you for letting us know.

Keep in touch even if it is just to say hi.

Aug 1, 2010, 12:14 PM
    i talked to my mom about it... and she said it was "bad energy" in the house... so she blessed the house... and nothing has been seen and my brother tells me hes not afraid anymore. Im so relieved. My worst fear is paranormal stuff!
    My heart rejoices.:D Thank you so very much for letting us know. Blessings to you and your family.. . and to everyone who joined in together.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Aug 1, 2010, 03:15 PM
    Just remember that there are 2 words in para normal. Normal wouldn't be in there if it wasn't. Glad you solved your problem. But never fear it. If anything its of another demension and most likely can't interreact in a seveir mannor anyway. So relax.
    jesuschan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 24, 2010, 10:55 PM
    When I was younger, I use to see what I called "The Black Man" and it scared the hell out of me, I remember I would awake some nights to him crouched down next to my bed staring at me. He or it? Never harmed me and as I got older he began to not show, but the other night I awoke to him standing over my bed staring at me, I am 16 and it still managed to freak me out and stop me sleeping for the rest of the night.

http://paranormal.about.com/od/shadowpeople/a/tales_10_09_07t.htm

The story there describes what I saw quite well, besides the hat, although mu little brother has mentioned seeing a dark men standing in his room with a hat on...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should my wife's relationship with her "foster" brother make me insecure? [ 16 Answers ]

I have read many of the posts about wives that have male friends and have been in that situation before. My wife had a male friend that she was with almost daily and most of the time alone on dates/dinner. It took quite a while for me to convince her that it was inappropriate although I knew...

"Form" placed in "Microsoft Access" can be accessed from a "Button" in "VB.Net" App [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, Actually, I'm not very well in programming but a task is assigned to me related to .Net. Basically, there is a database in Microsoft Access. I have made forms in it which are based on queries to retrieve required results. I have also made graph of it. Now, I have to merge this...

Image of the "Shadow People" [ 8 Answers ]

Hello there. I'm fairly new to this part of AMHD. Many of the threads refer to "shadow people." My question is... Why would shadow people wear fedora hats?

Central heater will not work on "auto" and blows cool air when on "man" [ 2 Answers ]

OK my central heater blower will not come on at all when on auto, and when on manual/on it just blows cool air out of vents. I was told to put a jumper wire on (w) to (g)wires at the thermostat, (I think) to check it, but not sure exactly. Is that the thermostat on wall or what? The pilot light is...

View more questions Search