Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cambach Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2010, 09:17 AM
    How much do I pay sales people when they sale cleaning products
    I am thinking about hiring a sales person for cleaning products but do not know how to pay them any suggestions?
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Jul 28, 2010, 02:29 PM

Usually you offer a small base salary plus expenses: gas, oil, tolls, lunches, supplies, etc. Or rather than expenses for the car offer so much per mile.

Or make them a commissioned salesperson with possibly a draw.

Calculate your total costs and how much total profit the offer a percentage of that net profit usually it is 33% for a commission.

Stringer

Stringer
    Pineedles Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Sep 10, 2010, 01:30 PM
    I would also structure the commissions to reward new business development. If repeat sales are part of the equation then gradually lower the commission on those sales until it is minimal. The logic behind that is that repeat business of the same product typically is handled by the home office and generally does not need the sales person's prescence at the customer's site. Also reward new product sales higher than existing lines. It'a all about the money. You want someone who strives to earn as much as you do and more if they sell. Don't discourage this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Would sale of merchandise on account be recorded in the sales journal? [ 1 Answers ]

Would sale of merchandise account be recorded in a sales journal?

Skin lightning products for black people [ 1 Answers ]

There are so much skin lightning /brightning products on the market, what is the best one for black skin

Peak sales for Midwest Products [ 1 Answers ]

Peak sales for Midwest Products, a wholesale distributor of leaf rakes, occur in August. The company's sales budget for the third quarter showing these peak sales is given below: July August September Total Budgeted sales (all on account)

Cleaning Products [ 6 Answers ]

How can I make a natural cleaning product for my home without the harsh chemicals?

Finding Sales for new Cleaning company [ 1 Answers ]

My wife and I have recently started a commercial cleaning company. We've already done some one time jobs (clean-ups, strip and wax, etc.) and we have also picked up one monthly contract. We have done some cold calls but are still looking for some innovative ideas for advertising our services and...

View more questions Search