Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    clickarindam Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2010, 08:37 AM
    Do we need to cancel a valid L1 VISA before stamping H4
    Hi,

My wife is currently in India and she has a valid L1 visa through her current employer. She never got a chance to travel on L1. Now she has quit the company and coming to US through H4.

Before stamping for H4 , does she need to get her L1 cancelled ?
    Note : Her stamping date falls before her last day in her current company.
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Jul 28, 2010, 10:22 AM

No cancellation stamp required. When employees leave for whatever reasons, the employer must notify immigration within 10 days, so it's automatic.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can an indian woman on student visa cancel her husband's dependent visa in/of you.K. [ 1 Answers ]

Can an indian woman on student visa cancel her husband's dependent visa in/of U.K.

Family visa cancellation with out stamping visa on passport [ 3 Answers ]

Dear Friends, I took my family visa and bring them according to that, but rightnow immediately I want to change my visa status. For that I have to go india, problem is wife passport didnnot stamped her visa. I want to know that with out stamping visa, cancellation is posible? How many days stay...

H1-B visa stamping [ 1 Answers ]

Hello - I need some advice on getting my H1-B stamped. I will be completing 3 years on my H1-B visa this Nov 30. After Nov 30 2008 if I travel abroad, it is mandatory I get my visa stamped before I re-enter United States. Can some one please advice if I can get this stamping done before the actual...

L1 stamping with valid H1 [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have a query regarding H1B and L1 visa. I have my H1B visa stamped with me and I have yet not traveled to US. In the meantime my current Employer in India is willing to file my L1A visa and has started the process for it. My L1A visa has been approved by USCIS and now I am due for visa...

View more questions Search