Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MOMTOKAIT Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2003, 12:06 PM
    Break up with Friend?
    I'm hoping someone can help me here.

Background on me: 28 female, married with a 2 year old child.

I have a friend that I went to college with and got back in contact with about 3 years ago. Right around that time I got pregnant, and I also got her a job at the company where I work. My entire pregnancy she irritated and bothered me with her work ethics and the way she was suffocating me. When I went on maternity leave (it's a year here in Canada) it helped a lot and we started spending a lot of time together. I eventually got back to work and last August she got engaged and asked me to be her MOH. I said yes. She has been a bridezilla. She has been a horrible employee. She gets jealous when I eat lunch with my husband instead of her during the week. She is rude to my new next door neighbor because she thinks she'll take me away from her. It's insane. I don't agree with a lot of her work ethics/life ethics but since she is such an aggressive and smothering person I just keep my mouth shut. She is always trying to pit me against my employers, my husband and anyone other than her. She's very negative and I find myself being a horrible person when I am with her.

Her wedding is in September. I am having anxiety attacks, my depression is getting worse and I am having a really hard time being her friend. I want to break up with her but am having difficulty with it because we work together and because I am in her wedding.

Does anyone have any advice for me on how to do it, whether to do it etc?
    livingfunky Posts: n/a, Reputation:

Jul 7, 2003, 02:24 PM
    Break up with Friend?
    It sounds to me like she's jealous of you for what ever reason if a friend makes you unhappy then there not a true friend, tell her how you feel if she doesn't like it she wasn't a friend to start with... don't feel obliged to go to the wedding if you don't feel happy about it... its your life to live how you want and no one has the right to make you feel unhappy tell her how you feel... good luck...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How do I tell my girlfriend I want to take a little break. [ 15 Answers ]

This is my first post here. I was just doing some searching and I fell upon this site. How do I tell my girlfriend that I want to take some time off from the relationship. Reason being, I feel like I need to find and define myself as a person. I definitely do not want to completely break up...

Having another break [ 8 Answers ]

I am going to be away from the site for about a week. My husband, my baby and I are going on a vacation tomorrow, while the grandparents take care of the rest of the kids. It's a total surprise to me, Alex just told me about it! He thinks we need to get away because of all the **** that's been...

Friend poached another friend! Advice? [ 11 Answers ]

I had never had this feeling before, but last summer I felt like one of my friends was poaching another, as in they were going to be friends with each other INSTEAD of me, not in addition to me. A series of events happened in a few days (friend #1 supposed to come early to help with my...

On A Break [ 10 Answers ]

Hi... I recently asked to have a break with my boyfriend of nine and a half months and I'm not sure what else to do. I asked for a break because I noticed more and more things he did really angered me and it bothered me to think the more time we spent with each other, the more we really didn't get...

Break up... Or not? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, My boyfriend of a little over two months and I recently broke up... I think. He told me that he loves me and that he honestly feels he could spend the rest of his life with me... and that that frightens him a little, since he's only 17, and I'm 15. He said we needed to "put our...

View more questions Search