Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    timraby Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2010, 12:06 AM
    Another network problem
    Guys, I am sure that you have all seen this before but I've tried googling the subject and not found anything that exactly fits.

I have a desktop PC running XP wired to a hub using ethernet cable. I have another PC running Vista through which my internet connection runs. Also connected to this second PC is my printer.

The first PC had until recently quite happily been accessing the internet and the printer with no issues. For some reason it now cannot see the printer or the second PC but can still access the internet.

I'm clearly missing something obvious. I can't be sure the someone hasn't 'fiddled' with the PC as several users have access. Can anyone suggest what this issue is please?
    aukatrau Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2010, 03:02 PM

Mark sure they are in the same workgroup
    morchid79 Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Sep 18, 2010, 05:10 PM
    Make sure their on the same workgroup, (as mentioned) also make sure on your vista box network discovery is on and file sharing is on, printer sharing, and password protection is off.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Network problem between 2 PC [ 3 Answers ]

To all, I have two PC, now I had link together to share a file.(did't using any router or hub between this two PC , just using network cable"workgroup"). One PC have dial up modem(call A pc) and another no modem, just only lan(call B pc). Now I want using B PC to connect to internet, it is...

Laptop Network Problem [ 2 Answers ]

I got a similar problem like Sonycea, this my scenario, I have just acquired a IBM Laptop R60e, a very recent model, the problem is I cannot communicate with the Laptop on a simple network, I have set all the IP addresses e.g the laptop is 192.168.0.x with subnet mask 255.255.255.0 other PC's have...

Sharing problem in network [ 1 Answers ]

One of my system is not able to share . But when I click MY NETWORK PLACES it displays the computer name of that system . When I click it shows me a error message that NETWORK PATH IS NOT FOUND . I went through all trouble corrections frm the scratch. But no use . I even changed my workgroup name....

Problem with network [ 32 Answers ]

Hi I recently brought a wireless network and I am sharing internet via it, but I want to also share files. Can anyone help me because I seem to have file and printer sharing enabled, but how do I actually see the files from the other comptuer on my computer? What exactaly do I have to do any help...

Network problem [ 1 Answers ]

“PLS. HELP” I have a small business, and I run a DOS based program. (POS) on my computer. I added an additional computer so that the user can access customer's invoices, change parts on the invoice and update customer's data. The computer I added has windows98. The new computer cannot seem to...

View more questions Search