Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dacombish Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2010, 04:34 PM
    Summons
    Mr. Yet help! I received several summons recently to which I replied within the 20 calendar days with an intend to defend letter. I have now received one notice of hearing for a status conference. The court indicates that the attorney for the plaintiff can appear by telephone and demands I appear in person. Do I formally object to this, or move to dismiss with prejudice for lack of jurisdiction when the plaintiff does not appear. The notices says the following: This matter has been scheduled upon receipt of an 'answer' filed by myname.

How am I to interpret the emphasized 'answer' in that statement.

Also I have not yet asked (is this discovery?) the plaintiff's attorney for a cirtified copy of the original signed contract or a complete account of the debt.

Finally, in some cases it is the credit card company filing against me and in others it is a third party debt collector. Is there any difference in how these should be handled?
    Thank you
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 27, 2010, 06:16 PM

I haven't seen Mr. Yet on the Boards for a while.

What State?
    dacombish Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2010, 08:05 PM

This would be in Wisconsin

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Deceptive summons and credit card info on my summons [ 20 Answers ]

I received my first summons in Feb. 2009. It stated that I needed to state in writing ny defense and deliver to the attorney within 20 days. I wrote it up and faxed it because the are in Seattle and I am in Yakima. I have the receipt of fax. On the 2nd summons it states that since I didn't file and...

Summons [ 2 Answers ]

I have received the same letter it is possibly the same lawyers(not sure if that is standard verbage used by lawyers). What happened with your case? How did you proceed? I have to respond to my summons soon, looking for a little advise?

Another summons again. [ 4 Answers ]

This time is on $500 from a company that I have not heard of and they attached a copy of a Promisory Note that I signed in November, 2001. I do not know the status of limitations in Florida. Probably $500 plus court costs and attorney's fees doesn't sound like much, but my husband and I were...

View more questions Search