Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bethleighcullen Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2010, 01:07 AM
    I fell for my co-worker but I don't think he likes me!
    Ok, Ive worked for the same company for the last three years, and one of the girls I work with and I became friends. At the time she was dating this guy who worked with us at the time. About a year and a half later she quit to work at the airport, while he stayed on at the place where I work.
    The guy and I became friends, and I began to have feelings for him, and he was always flirting, but I was told that was how he is. About a year after she left, they broke up, but I never heard his side of the story, and not long after he and my friend broke up, he began dating this... girl that we work with, only briefly as I understand I think it only lasted about a couple of weeks.
    Since those two have broken up, sometimes I think that he's trying to ask me out, I mean he helped plan my birthday last year, and he's helping with my upcoming one in September. We even have plans (albeit not solidified plans) to have a movie marathon, and he's initiated all the hugs we've ever had, along with letting me be just about the only one of our coworkers give him a birthday present.
    I honestly have never felt this way; I mean Ive had crushes, but not like this. And I don't want to jeopardize our friendship by asking in the wrong possible way.
    Basically, do you think he likes me in that way and should I make a move or should I just give up on him and walk away?
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2010, 02:02 AM

Sounds like this guy does not like his own company and jumps from one girl to another,are you the next girl?

It also sounds like he is not shy about coming forward,he has asked other girls out,no bother to him,if he is going to ask you out,he will.

Just one point to remember,if he does ask you out,and it does not work out,how do you feel about seeing him in work everyday afterwards?

And also seeing him with the next girl?

My advice,don't rush,take your time and take lots of it,be sure of your feelings and his,step back from your feelings and access the situation, be objective.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Jul 27, 2010, 06:20 AM

Office romance can get very sticky, especially when there are problems with the relationship. It can even lead one of you to wanting or needing (against your will) to change jobs.

If you are prepared to face the possible consequences, then go for it. It's the 21st century, there's no reason why a girl can't initiate.

The worst that can happen is that he says no and just wants to be friends. Then you can stop wondering how he feels about you and you can move on, instead of putting your life on hold for him.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jul 28, 2010, 01:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by I wish View Post
    The worst that can happen is that he says no and just wants to be friends.
    Actually, the worst that can happen is that he says no and then either purposefully or accidentally makes you miserable at work about this afterwards. This is just as likely to occur as not.

So your concern is a good one. As "I wish" also said, office romanticism can lead to sticky situations, but you know that already.

Part of the process of maturing emotionally is making choices like this. A year ago you weren't as strong as you are today, so you can handle more emotional risk, more work stress, than you could a year ago.

Are you ready now to face "whatever comes" when you let this cat out of the bag? If not, perhaps just letting it continue awhile longer. Consider dropping a few innocent "hints" and see if he rises to the bait or not.

Eventually your strength of will will be strong enough and you can just do it, and when that time comes, do it! Being forward isn't an issue unless you're also creepy and needy, which isn't automatic. ;) Think about it and choose.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I don't know if he likes me [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: Hi, I like this boy named Kyle I don't know if he likes me but he knows I like him. HELP:eek:

Don't know if she likes me [ 10 Answers ]

I have never been so confused about girls in my life I don't know if she likes me or not . OK so there's this one girl I like and I hang around with her and goof around and I don't know if she likes me. Its distracting me from my homework!! So like I goof around. Like I take her cellphone away and...

View more questions Search