Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dvqjimbo1 Posts: 28, Reputation: 2

Dec 18, 2006, 04:26 AM
    What & how do I transfer to a new computer?
    What files and programs do I need to transfer? Am on really old computer now (only pentium r processor, win 98se--screwed up little, dial-up connection). How do I transfer things like 'favorite places', or mailbox, shortcuts, toolbars,etc... ---- not sure exactly what new computer will be, -- nothing fancy though. D I need to transfer any programs, or downloaded stuff? Any help will be much appreciated !
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 18, 2006, 06:52 AM
    Win XP includes a File and Transfer Settings wizard. You can connect the 2 PCs in a network or through a File Transfer cable then transfer what you need. This article should help:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/293118/en-us
    dvqjimbo1 Posts: 28, Reputation: 2

Dec 20, 2006, 02:37 AM
    Transfer-- sorry Scottgem-- rated ---
    Transfer-- sorry Scottgem-- rated ---
    Answer without checking out the article you directed me to. Tried to edit, wouldn't let me. Don't know how to correct. Sorry. Let me know if any way to fix, will do it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Transfer speed from computer to external hard drive [ 44 Answers ]

I just transferred 4GB from a folder on my computer to a USB2 external hard drive and it took 45 minutes! From other transfers, it seems like this is way too long. 1. Is there a "standard" transfer speed that I should expect from a transfer like this? 2. Would doing other things on the...

Wealth transfer & QTIP trust [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: When my friends husband died in January 2003, his will provided for the establishment of a QTIP trust. She was named to receive income from the trust for her lifetime with their children named as remainder beneficiaries. She has substantial other assets and income sources and does not...

Software to Track Internet Data Transfer & Usage [ 17 Answers ]

I want to get a free software to manage my ADSL connection at home, which will tell me the amount of data transferred while I am on net, both sent and received. It will also keep monthly records on each time log-in basis, so that I can get my usage data. It should be absolutely a freeware, as I...

^$&@#*@(* % Computer [ 6 Answers ]

Problem #1) Yea my computer is and old piece of junk can't remember what the specs are atm, but I'm runniing Windows 2000 on it and I'v noticed the other day that my add/remove programs is missing. I ran a search and found nothing. How can I get it back (other then using the CD because I don't...

View more questions Search