Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    psloane Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2010, 06:30 PM
    As a salaried employee what is the maximum hours you can work someone before compensa
    As a salaried employee what is the maximum number of hours that an employeer can require you to work, for example 48 hours per week. If they can deduct hours for not being at work must they also compensate you if you work over lets say he 48 hrs. per week?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 26, 2010, 06:47 PM

There is no max hours, 70 or 80 hours a week for salaried is not uncommon in many industry
    bleusong52 Posts: 239, Reputation: 46

Jul 26, 2010, 09:04 PM

I was a salaried employee and it did not matter if I worked 70 hrs a week - the idea of comp time was fairly a joke. There was never time to take it anyway!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Salaried employee works 2 hours, do I get paid for 8 hours? [ 5 Answers ]

If I'm a salaried employee, and work 2 hours in the office one day, then go home sick, does my employer have to pay me for 8 hours?

How do I calculate total hours when employee didn't work a day [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Microsoft excel spreadsheet set up to keep track of the employees hours. The spreadsheet calculates their hours per day with no problem. However, when it comes to the total hours for the week, one the employees has worked 48 hours and its showing 11:30. I'm thinking it is because I have no...

Salaried Exempy Employee paycheck docked 1 week pay for arriving 5 hours late [ 5 Answers ]

Hello all, A friend and former colleague's paycheck was docked 1 week of pay (approx $2,000) for arriving at work 5 hours late due to car problems. She is a salaried exempt employee in the state of Connecticut. She receives 4 weeks vacation each year, and has over 2 weeks of accrued, unused...

Hours of a salaried employee laws [ 1 Answers ]

How many hours after 40 do I have to work?

View more questions Search