Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    noor_1988 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2010, 10:23 AM
    According to dr spenser wells he has written down the evolution of man was in africa
    According to Dr spenser wells he has written down the evolution of man was in africa 60000 years ago and he has given practicle proof for it. As I saw it in national geographic channel. But Adam and Eve were the first human beings on earth.I had a debate with my friend on this topic how do I make him understand about what is right
    TUT317 Posts: 657, Reputation: 76

Jul 26, 2010, 05:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by noor_1988 View Post
    According to Dr spenser wells he has written down the evolution of man was in africa 60000 years ago and he has given practicle proof for it. as i saw it in national geographic channel. But Adam and Eve were the first human beings on earth.I had a debate with my friend on this topic how do i make him understand about wat is right
    Hi noor,

Are you illuding to the fact that the Bible and anthropology are in conflict?

If you are then perhaps you can look at it this way...

The Bible depicts a particular way at looking at the world. This particular way reflected a type of world view for the people involved. We could say that God revealed to these people certain 'truths'. These truths being put in a way that made sense for the time.

What stood to reason for that time was the fact that if someone or something exists then there must have been a first one. In other words, if we trace something back along a casual chain, eventually we get to the first one.

The problem is that science does not work that way. Anthropologists can't point to a skeleton and say, 'this was the very first human'. It doesn't work that way. I suppose we could say that science doesn't deal with first or last causes. Science is mainly interested in what's in between.

A biologist might do a better job at explaining this.

Regards

Tut
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 26, 2010, 07:12 PM

Science and the bible do not always agree. Your friend will have to have a religious belief that accepts this.

Adam and eve are minor issues of accepting, Salvation is the more important issue

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cartoon about evolution of man with religious and cultural undertones [ 3 Answers ]

Hello all. Hoping someone can help. Saw an animated movie on TV almost 15 years ago now and can't for the life of me remember the title. About a man who invented the cryogenic chamber and then saved the human race by sending a space ship to a planet far away. Eventually life on the space ship...

Window Wells [ 1 Answers ]

My basement windows are very close to the ground. Depending on the window, the wash is about 1-3 inches from ground level. Should I add small window wells like the one in the picture below? If so, what options are out there as far as better looks? Thanks.

Man escapes from cannibals in africa [ 2 Answers ]

Looking for a movie where a man escapes from cannibals in africa - movie was made in the 60s timeframe - good movie - just forgot the title

Wells Fargo [ 2 Answers ]

Hi ALL I have 2 mortgages on my house (80/20)- the largest is with Wells Fargo. My husband lost his job in December so I decided to contact Wells Fargo so see if we can modify our mortgage. They've asked that we send them a Hard Ship Letter along with a financial worksheet, his was done in...

Wells and pumps [ 2 Answers ]

I have a couple questions and I am not sure the answer too. Maybe someone can help me please! How do I tap into an existing well with another pump in other words how to run two pumps off one well?:eek: The reason is because I have a couple rental properties and I have one well to one pump that...

View more questions Search