Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hexxie Posts: 152, Reputation: 12

Aug 2, 2010, 02:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Looking View Post
    Yes, you got it! Makes me wonder what your daughter was doing. :)
    She was counting them according to what they were wearing, as follows: one red, two blue, three pink, one green, etc.

Leave it to a seven year old to help me fiqure out the riddle. :)

Aug 2, 2010, 02:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown008 View Post
    I'm not sure of how to call it in English... (French: Caroussel)

http://www.stephanepoinsot.com/previ..._caroussel.jpg

Is that it? Except that I don't think it matches with the past/present part of the riddle...
    Good guess, but no. A caroussel, or Merry-Go-Round, doesn't fit the past/present part.

Guess again?

Aug 2, 2010, 02:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by morgaine300 View Post
    Hmm, curious. I'd been thinking about a teeter-totter. Except that still doesn't cover the tense thing. And a teeter-totter needs more than just "me" and you - it needs another person.

But it's another line of thinking anyway cause I've been concentrating on stuff like air - gotta learn to think of other types of stuff. I think I've also been taking "sky" a little to literally, like all the way to the sky, instead of towards it.
    You are so close that you are burning (as in the Hot or Cold child's play).

What is another word for teeter-totter?:)

Aug 2, 2010, 02:20 PM
    A swing? But that isn't past tense as well.
    No, it is not swing.

Aug 2, 2010, 02:22 PM
    Hey, I just thought of something. Anyone here into those lateral thinking puzzles? For instance, you get a scenario that's pretty vague. You get just a little information that tells you about nothing at all. And then everyone asks yes or no questions. The answers are yes, no, and irrelevant. They're very difficult cause you get so little info that it's like finding a needle in a haystack, until maybe you start getting a little more information from the questions. Really, they need several people working on them to get different angles and different sorts of questions. I find they're about impossible with only one person.

Just for example, there's one about a guy at a circus, who was found dead, and something about a pole and something under his cot in his tent, and you have to guess what killed the guy. Don't remember the details (I could find out), but just an example of how little info you get.

If anyone's game, I've already got a couple. (Though I'd prefer starting a new thread just for that.)
    I'm in. Yes, please do start another thread.
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2010, 02:26 PM

Me too I like lateral thinking puzzles.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Aug 2, 2010, 02:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexxie View Post
    You are so close that you are burning (as in the Hot or Cold child's play).

What is another word for teeter-totter?:)
    Seesaw

Aug 2, 2010, 02:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by califdadof3 View Post
    seesaw
    Winner! Winner, winner, winner! (said like they do at the carnivals when someone wins). :D
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Aug 2, 2010, 02:47 PM
    Hey, I just thought of something. Anyone here into those lateral thinking puzzles? For instance, you get a scenario that's pretty vague. You get just a little information that tells you about nothing at all. And then everyone asks yes or no questions. The answers are yes, no, and irrelevant. They're very difficult cause you get so little info that it's like finding a needle in a haystack, until maybe you start getting a little more information from the questions. Really, they need several people working on them to get different angles and different sorts of questions. I find they're about impossible with only one person.

Just for example, there's one about a guy at a circus, who was found dead, and something about a pole and something under his cot in his tent, and you have to guess what killed the guy. Don't remember the details (I could find out), but just an example of how little info you get.

If anyone's game, I've already got a couple. (Though I'd prefer starting a new thread just for that.)
    I'm game :)

Aug 2, 2010, 04:40 PM

Aw, shucks. Thanks JLo.
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Aug 2, 2010, 10:06 PM

Shoo!! Lol, I realised the 'see-saw ' just after morgaine mentioned teeter-totter. Don't know what it means, but it made me think of see-saw. Gah! Have I thought about this earlier...

Well played Calif :)

Morgaine, still nothing of the sequence?
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Aug 3, 2010, 02:19 AM

No, I'm still lost on the sequence. You know I'm not exactly stupid at math, but just don't get that one. (Maybe the problem is that I'm being too math logical?)

And really, I think it's only fair that I get part credit for the see-saw. I thought it up! :p

OK, I will do the lateral thinking puzzle, the one I can remember off the top of my head. (If everyone likes it, I'll call my brother about the other one I can't remember.) I hope I'm calling that by the right name or it won't be what you think it is. And I will try very, very hard to check in a few times a day, something I normally don't do.
    Uber Member

Aug 3, 2010, 02:21 AM

Actually, I just googled it. This is indeed a lateral thinking puzzle, exactly like I described. And the one I'm going to do first is actually there. (So no cheating and googling it! ) The solution is a bit different, but the solution is not an exact science anyway. It was interesting seeing a different flair on the solution though.
    Just Looking Posts: 1,610, Reputation: 480
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2010, 02:26 AM
    No, I'm still lost on the sequence. You know I'm not exactly stupid at math, but just don't get that one. (Maybe the problem is that I'm being too math logical?)

And really, I think it's only fair that I get part credit for the see-saw. I thought it up! :p

OK, I will do the lateral thinking puzzle, the one I can remember off the top of my head. (If everyone likes it, I'll call my brother about the other one I can't remember.) I hope I'm calling that by the right name or it won't be what you think it is. And I will try very, very hard to check in a few times a day, something I normally don't do.
    Hi Morgaine, I'm not sure where you live but it's 2:22 am here - why am I up? :( Anyway, the sequence might not be "math" so much and that's probably why you are stuck. It's more of a pattern. Did you see how Hexxie figured it out? That's a big hint. If you are tired of it, I can tell you how it goes.
    Uber Member

Aug 3, 2010, 02:42 AM

Lateral thinking puzzle over here:
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/games/...ml#post2464152
    Uber Member

Aug 3, 2010, 02:43 AM
    It's later here than there and I'm still up. LOL.

Let me think on it. I'm stubborn that way.
    Uber Member

Aug 3, 2010, 02:46 AM

Hey, Unky... I'm only posting this here cause I know you've been reading this thread. (I realize this entirely doesn't belong here.)

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/math-s...m-57387-2.html

Sometimes isn't power just cool? ;)
    Uber Member

Aug 3, 2010, 05:51 AM

Do I give you the answer to the sequence?

Yes, I know, but reviving over and over just bugs me, locked it goes ;)
    Uber Member

Aug 3, 2010, 06:32 AM

Yes, the answer was posted. But my brain is not exactly with me for the moment. It's morning now and I've never been to bed, and I'm tired enough not to be able to think, I'm not really tired enough to get to sleep. I hate when that happens. I don't have to work until afternoon, but I'll get really tired about two hours before I have to go to work. :rolleyes:
    Uber Member

Aug 3, 2010, 06:34 AM

I mean, the 'how to get' the answer. I know Hexxie posted the answer already, and the hint I gave you is still valid.

But if you want to wait, it's okay :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Riddle what it mean [ 7 Answers ]

Stop,look and always see me. Try to touch , you cannot feel me. Never moving, never closer. Always moving, the endless poser. What am I?

I need help with a riddle [ 2 Answers ]

There is a woman who needs to get three things across a waterfall corn feed, a chicken, and a fox but she can only take them one at a time. And the fox can't stay with the chicken because he will eat the chicken and the chicken can't stay with the corn feed because it will eat the corn feed. How...

I've got a riddle for you. [ 22 Answers ]

Einstein's Riddle: Einstein has been widely credited online with the following riddle, and with the claim that 98% of the world could not solve it. But several of our NIEHS scientists were able to solve it, and they said it is not all that hard if you pay attention and are very patient. Give it a...

Riddle me this [ 4 Answers ]

There are 10 pails. 9 of them contain non-poisonous pills while only 1 contains poisonous pills.All of the pails and pills are of the same colour.How to differentiate the one with the poisonous pills.Non-poisonous pills each weighs 10 gram while poisonous pills each weighs 9 gram.You can only use...

A little riddle [ 2 Answers ]

If you seen the batman movie with riddler in it, don't answer this please. However, for those of you who haven't seen it, or don't remember seeeing it, here is a riddle from the movie: We are 5 of an everyday sort, You can find us in A Tennis Court What are we?

View more questions Search