Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HeartTrips Posts: 99, Reputation: 2

Jul 15, 2009, 07:07 PM
    Friends or more?
    All threads have been merged about this relationship.

There is this girl(30) I(28) met at the park a few months ago. We would get together and talk once a week and things were nice. I then sent her a text message telling her I would like to pursue things further with her but wanted to take it slow. I only sent this message because my ex had called me and then hung up on me and I was just mad so I became brave. Being brave I sent the message. Both this girl have had relationships end over 6 months ago. She sent me a message back telling me I'm a great guy and that she still hasn't healed from her last relationship and that she was sorry. I wasn't surprised because I knew I shouldn't have sent the MSG. What kind of man sends a MSG like that anyway. I only did it because I was bothered by the phone call from my ex. So we didn't hang out or talk after that for about a week, and I was bothered by this because I really liked hanging out and talking about life and everything in it. We got along quite well. So I text her telling her that my ex had called me that day I sent that MSG and yada yada I wouldn't have sent it had I not received that call from my ex.

She ended up texting me back saying she was intrigued and wanted to hear about it and so we met up at the park and talked. From that point on we became closer together. We would meet up at the park more and talk for hours at a time. Another month goes by and I wanted to do something together other then hang out at the park. So I asked if she wanted to go to the movies. She said how about tomorrow. I said no problem that works. We went too the movies and all was good. We have continued to hang out and enjoy each other's company. That weekend we ended up going to another park and eating a lunch I made.(pasta and meatballs). It was nice. We then seen each other everyday at the park for at least a couple of hours talking for the next week and then made plans to go cherry picking on the Sunday. After cherry picking we stopped at a conservation and spent the remainder of the day.

I don't know what to think.

It feels like dating to me but I am not sure... I need help,
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2009, 07:17 PM

She feels comfortable with you and loves your company. She probably is having fun getting to know you without any labels.

Actions speak louder than words but she told you she over her ex and you should respect her honest (Btw, I know you do).

I know you like her and believes me she knows it too but she probably isn't ready to face it yet.

So this is one of those situations that you can ask her again (in person maybe in a joking matter) or try being just friends with her.
    Torrid13 Posts: 637, Reputation: 149

Jul 15, 2009, 07:18 PM

You need to be straightforward with her and ask where this is going!

It sounds like she likes you, but she doesn't need to dance around it, especially if you've made your interest known.

Jul 15, 2009, 07:24 PM

It feels like sometimes I feel like she wants me to be closer to her and at times she says things that make me think she only sees me as friend, I just don't get it cause we both want the same things, I am trying to just be friends because I don't want to lose that the friendship we have created>

Jul 16, 2009, 06:36 PM

Can anyone else give me some advice or perhaps shed some light?
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2009, 06:42 PM

Keep doing what you are doing. The best relationships are built on the basis of friendships. Enjoy getting to know one another
    BrentNumber1 Posts: 27, Reputation: 3

Jul 16, 2009, 07:29 PM

Have fun just hanging out but don't get too attached. As the voice of experience, unrequitted/semi-requitted affection in a friendship can cause unbearable heartache...

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...me-304709.html
    susangpyp Posts: 258, Reputation: 73

Jul 16, 2009, 07:33 PM

I agree to keep hanging out and enjoying her company.

At some point you might want to say something like, "Your friendship means everything to me and I don't ever want to ruin that and I know you've been working to get over your ex, but I'd like you to know that if you ever want to do out on a "date date", romantically, I would be interested in that. If not, that's cool because I really like your friendship."
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2009, 07:36 PM

Why not bring up her ex in casual conversation. It's usually easy to gauge how someone is feeling about their ex by their body language when they come up in conversation.

Something simple like "After all of this talk about my past relationship, how are you doing with your healing? I know it has to be hard and I want you to know that I am here for you"
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 18, 2009, 05:31 PM

I wouldn't change what your doing at all. You just have to relax, and enjoy it for now. That's letting it develop at a pace you can both handle.

Jul 21, 2009, 05:59 PM

She plays with her hair a lot but always sits cross legged... Helllpppp!

Aug 1, 2009, 07:19 AM
    I want to kiss her or tell her but as a man I think its better to be a man and kiss
    Threads merged

How would you tell her if you did when you had the chance... im in this dilemma right now... I don't want to miss the opportunity... but I feel like I am... she isn't seeing anybody yet... can you help...
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 1, 2009, 10:01 AM

Why don't you start by asking her out or have you done that already?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 1, 2009, 12:07 PM
    Of course a guy wants to kiss a girl he is attracted to. Get to know her first, and see about dating, and hanging out, as you have been doing, so you can see if she likes you well enough first, though. There is no reason to panic, or rush into things because believe me, if you pay attention, you will know if she wants you to kiss her, any way.
    sully123 Posts: 567, Reputation: 148

Aug 1, 2009, 12:22 PM

Take it slow and enjoys each other's company. To me it sounds like its heading in the right direction.

Aug 7, 2009, 01:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    Why don't you start by asking her out or have you done that already?
    What do you mean?

Update... things or still going like they have, we spent last weekend hanging out on all three days...

I want to be a challenge for her cause that's what women want... a bad boy... I feel I am failing in this department...

I haven't had much to say this week when we have gotten together...

Anyone have any advice?
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2009, 01:11 PM

What? Every female doesn't want a bad boy. You should be yourself and enjoy the time the two of you share. And if you want to know what she thinks of you then open your mouth and ask.

Aug 7, 2009, 01:21 PM

Women want a challenge, even if they don't want a "badboy", in ways,

I don't want to ruin the relationship by opening up my mouth and saying something I shouldn't... she's already given me a chance once...
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2009, 01:25 PM

Women also want a guy who is straight up with them and isn't afraid to tell her how he feels or ask how she feels... confidence my friend! Women for sure don't want a guy to be afraid to ask them a question because they are scared of saying "something they shouldn't."

Aug 7, 2009, 01:32 PM

I am trying here

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What cost would be considered a period cost not a product cost. [ 7 Answers ]

Which of the following is a period cost and not a product cost? A.Manufacturing equipment depreciation B.propery taxes on headquarters C.direct material cost E. Sales commissions

Was she using me for her own self esteem? [ 8 Answers ]

Hello everyone, Hope you are all well. Ive found myself slowly getting attracted to a co-worker over the last six months. I have tried very hard to be objective to see if the signals she's sent out to me are genuine or am I just mis-interprting them because I like her. After picking up quite a...

Average cost, fifo cost, lifo cost [ 1 Answers ]

In may they began with 67 tents @ $17 and purchases of: 104 tents @ $19 159 tents @ $21 36 tents @ $22 They sold 314 tents and may 31st ending inventory consists of 52 tents. The sales price of each tent was $49. Determine the cost of goods sold and ending inventory for the month of may...

Cost of end. Inv. And cost of goods sold under average cost [ 1 Answers ]

It's me again! I have another question to the same problem. In case someone else responds, I'll post the problem again. June 1 inv20051000 June 12 purch.30061800 June 23 purch. 50073500 June 30 inv. I need to compute the cost of the ending inventory and the cost of goods sold using the...

View more questions Search