Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Smitty1000 Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Jul 25, 2010, 09:38 AM
    Got a one dollar confederate bill richmond feb17th 1864
    Got a one dollar confederate bill richmond feb17th 1864 but in the center the picture is of a woman. Have been told in the past this is a print but see no evidence of it saying copy or anything else on it. Just wondering if anyone has a value if any on this. Much appreciated if you do.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 25, 2010, 09:52 AM

When the south lost the war, they also lost their dollar value, Unfortunately your confederate bill is only worth the paper its on and maybe not that unless it has some sentimental value to a collector.

tick
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2010, 12:19 PM

SMITTY- The $1.00 copnfederate note youy have; I have checked all of mine and currency books ,and none of then have. A SMITTY ;WHAT I NEED FROM YOU IS #2 smitty PLEASER -give me ALL THAT YOU CAN, OFFF THE FRONT SIDE aND THEN I BELIEVE THAT I WILL BE ABLE TO GIVE YOU YOUR ANSWERS,YOU ARElookING ::hAVE A GREATE DAY AND ILL GET BACK LATTER .:cool::)

Jul 25, 2010, 01:36 PM
    Thanks for answering F.B.E. To start the bill is on the front black in ink on each side of the picture of the woman who is wearing a hat there are two ones to the right of the picture there is a what appears to be a 82/29. The signature on the right bottom appears to be ME Allen with B's to the right and left of the two signatures on the bottom of the bill. There are dots in front of both B's Will pay to the bearer on demand is above the words one dollar. Across the front under the picture is the words The in small lettering and in bold capital letters is CONFEDERATE STATES AMERICA. Oh and to just the left of the picture is the no. sign for the 82/29. The back of the bill is in green inkand has all of what the front has printed on it. There is other wording on either side of the picture under the one's that I can't totally make out. Eyes are not like they used to be. Lol Anything else? Talk to you soon, and thanks!
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2010, 04:13 PM

SMITTY- thank you for the reply
    Ihave a picture of a onethat Iknow is not a counterfit ,and it don't come even close tonthe one you just described.DONT GET IN A PANIC YET THERE WAS MORE THEN ONE DESIGN just like the -[ u .s .a] I've seen the letter go to[lets say -2005-2005A;2005B;2005C; 2005D etc etc this is caused when ever you have a signature,[one or both] or there is a change in the design. Tell you what ,get out your walletand get only the $1.00 bills out ,now look at the {SERIES dates like IVE GOT ABOVE, IM really wanting you to look at the same date ;check out the letters following the dateor just pick up several and you will see what IM getting at . I will tell you what to startwatching for ,and it comes in [every denomintions] People are letting a lot of paper money they have been saving for a long [ look at the SERIAL NUMBERS<AND IF THERE is a{ STAR]( * ) at the start or at the end ,IT is called a star note or a replacement note ;;since the first of the year I,v gotten in my change , example-[ serial number 03483541* ]this is on a {$1.00 note] [heres a $20.00 -IK01681040*] . Any way I have gotten [4 $1.00* notes}{Two $5.00 notes][ and two $ 10.00 AND one $20.00;; Now for the rest of the story; STAR NOTES -are 3 to 5 times more vauleable then the regular note of the same demonamtionis ;;{ NOTE} EXAMPLE -the $1.00 I just used [ with no star= the value$2.50] the same note (BUT)has a{ star} at rhe end of the serial number{ $6.00] :: I hope that I have woke up that old bug
    AND YOU WILL START WATCHING YOUR BILLS ; Will the little ollady just hollered supper //: I will be back on here about 8;00 pm . On yours ill get the results to asap ;;Have a great night and a better tomorrow and GOD BLESS;; F.B.E.

Jul 27, 2010, 05:58 AM
    Thanks F.B.E. I am from Canada so not familiar with your money system. Not a collector either so two whammies against me. Lol There is no star on the bill but no biggie. Thanks for your assistance and knowledge. Take care.

Smitty1000
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2010, 07:41 AM

SDmitty1000- SORRY about taking so ,long,One thing my book on confederate money was loned out and just got it back. And wife had a hart attactand I messed up my right shoulder and had surgery on it [rotor cuff; wellnow I can give you and a couple others,the answers they are waiting forI appoligize;; OK NOW ON YOUr{ $1.oo confederate note dated feb .17th1864, yours has a picture in the center front that has a picture of a female [NOTE- all I can find }NOTE - the picture is one of a CONFEDERATE SENATOR , by the name of { CLEMENT C. CLAY] AT the time this note was being cir(HE was a confederate agent in CANADA)PINK AND BLACK ON PLAIN PAPER)NOW THE COUNTER FIT NOTES AT THIS TIMF WAS PRINTED IN { CUBA} COUNTERFITED:: {THERE was 15 VARIETIES WITH PLATE LETTERS ( A TO H)PRINTED BY THE CONFEDERATEDS ; the real ones is {VG-$45.00;; FINE $60.00 VF- $85.00 ;;XF-$ 110.00;; UNC-$150.00... //////////////NOTE - another way that the confedercy done to out do a counterfit note and the way people can tell if its counter fit or real is to look right under the date at the top right end [right under the ( TH ) in the date 17thand on the counter fit they only have one dot;; another thing is on the real notes
    There is a tiny (SPEAR sticking down ward from RANDOLPH'S CRAVATagainst shirt front NOTE ON THE REAL NOTES - CHECK FOR THE @-TWO SMALL DOTS};; SMITTY I hope that I have answered all your questionsif not just come back on here and HOLLER :: Have a great night and a better day tomorrow;; and GOD BLESS:: F.B.E.

Aug 10, 2010, 07:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Blue Eagle View Post
    SDmitty1000- SORRY about taking so ,long,One thing my book on confederate money was loned out and just got it back. and wife had a hart attactand i messed up my right shoulder and had surgery on it [rotor cuff; wellnow i can give you and a couple others,the answers they are waiting forI appoligize;; OK NOW ON YOUr{ $1.oo confederate note dated feb .17th1864, yours has a picture in the center front that has a picture of a female [NOTE- all I can find }NOTE - the picture is one of a CONFEDERATE SENATOR , by the name of { CLEMENT C. CLAY] AT the time this note was being cir(HE was a confederate agent in CANADA)PINK AND BLACK ON PLAIN PAPER)NOW THE COUNTER FIT NOTES AT THIS TIMF WAS PRINTED IN { CUBA} COUNTERFITED:: {THERE was 15 VARIETIES WITH PLATE LETTERS ( A TO H)PRINTED BY THE CONFEDERATEDS ; the real ones is {VG-$45.00;; FINE $60.00 VF- $85.00 ;;XF-$ 110.00;; UNC-$150.00.........//////////////NOTE - another way that the confedercy done to out do a counterfit note and the way people can tell if its counter fit or real is to look right under the date at the top right end [right under the ( TH ) in the date 17thand on the counter fit they only have one dot;; another thing is on the real notes
    there is a tiny (SPEAR sticking down ward from RANDOLPH'S CRAVATagainst shirt front NOTE ON THE REAL NOTES - CHECK FOR THE @-TWO SMALL DOTS};; SMITTY I hope that I have answered all your questionsif not just come back on here and HOLLER :: Have a great night and a better day tomorrow;; and GOD BLESS:: F.B.E.
    Well FBE sorry to hear you having so many problems. Is your wife OK and yourself? Hope all is well, and thanks so much for your responses. There is a stright line under the TH and below that is 2 dots. I see no spear from the picture so not sure what I got here. I am going away tomorrow but when I return I will try to scan the bill and send it to u if possible. Depends how it will scan maybe that way you can see it better. Thanks for all of your help and take care of yourself and your wife.
    DMD123zzz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2013, 09:51 AM
    Smitty -

Don't know if you still follow this post. I have the same bill you have with the woman on the front. I don't know anything about it. Maybe it was an advertisement.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Value of a richmond 1804 confederate dollar bill [ 11 Answers ]

This bill is a 1 dollar and at the top left side it says richmond on the right side it has the date feb 17th 1804 below the date it has 82/20/ (I think this is how it is written). At the bottom of each side is a letter B In the upper middle is a picture of a man and below him it reads...

What is a confederate $5.00 bill value 1864 [ 3 Answers ]

What is a 1864 $5.00 bill worth? February 17 1864 , Richmond

Sept. 1864 50 dollar confederate bill [ 9 Answers ]

I have a 50 dollar Confederate bill from Richmond Sept.1864 serial #18443 .The front and the back are identical except for the color.One side is a lite brown while the other is more of a green.It has President Jefferson Davis in the center on both sides.I was wondering if anyone would know the...

One hundred dollar State of Alabama confederate bill 1864 [ 20 Answers ]

I am looking for information for a 1864 $100.00 Confederate bill from The State of Alabama NO. 834 F . Upper left hand side has a C - right side 100 ,in the middle has a picture of 4 Indians by a fire.I have been unable to find this bill online and hope someone has an idea as to how much this...

1864 50 dollar bill [ 13 Answers ]

I found an 1864 $50 dollar bill it is black print with redish color on front and blue on the back and made Feb. 17th 1864. Does this have any value or is it just a great peace to keep! I know nothing about collecting and am having trouble finding any answers. I greatly appreciate any answers thank...

View more questions Search