Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Traininguru Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2010, 06:31 AM
    Gerber 99-646 Pilot Valve noisy when flushed--slow water recovery also
    I have a toilet containing a Gerber 99-646 Pilot Valve. When the toilet is flushed, there is a noise like a fog horn in the pipes and it takes unusually long for the water to refill into the tank. One the water refills, the noise stops. Though all 4 toilets in our condo have the same Pilot Valve, only the one causes this problem.

PS. I noticed that when the noise occurs, if I turn on the cold water in the bathroom sink (same bathroom as toilet), the noise stops.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 25, 2010, 07:02 AM
    Several things come to mind.
    1) Shut the water off and open up 5the top of the ballcock, (see image) Place a pan over the top and turn the water back on to flush everything out. Reassemble and test,
    2) When the noise starts turn the angle stop clockwise until the noise stops. **OR**
    3) Replace the ballcock.
    'Good luck, Tom
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to adjust gerber pilot valve 99-646 [ 0 Answers ]

I recently moved into a house that has a toilet with a gerber pilot valve 99-646. It often stops up because there isn't enough water flow so I would like to adust it to allow more water. It is only about half way up as it is now. I'm not sure how to adjust it though so I wanted to post here so I...

Gerber Pilot Valve 99646 keeps running [ 0 Answers ]

I have a Gerber 99-646 Pilot Valve and water keeps running. I tried cleaning it, etc, but nothing helps. Trying to lift the float road does not make any difference. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Gerber pilot valve 99646 [ 1 Answers ]

My toilet doesn't stop running. I have the gerber pilot valve and every time I flush the freakin thing take's forever to stop running now it just keeps running. What do I do replace it or have it fix?

Gerber pilot valve 99-646 2 minutes to fill and clogs [ 3 Answers ]

Have just moved to new apt with gerber bowl. Takes 2 minutes to fill and clogs easily. Want easiest fix. Not cheapest. Willing to replace entire inside if will correct problem and easier then trying to disect inside. Thank you, Jerry

Slow water pressure recovery [ 12 Answers ]

The infrastructure: 42 Gal pressure tank (16 years old) Square D Pressure Switch (>1 yr old) Private well - new about 10 years ago Both units are in the same house - unit #2 is an addition to unit#1. the split in the feed for both is outside of the house. -----unit...

View more questions Search