Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ZEBSULEMANI Posts: 46, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2010, 05:29 AM
    What is the difference between portable and non potable softwear?
    What is the difference between portable and non potable softwear?
    If both are available to download, which should I prefer?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 25, 2010, 05:49 AM
    Portable software can run from a USB with no installation on the host computer.
    Appzalien Posts: 540, Reputation: 57

Feb 7, 2011, 06:15 AM
    Believe it or not, often if you install a program and afterwords copy its directory from C > Program Files to another location and then uninstall the original program, the saved directory in the other location will sometimes still run (and will also run on other PC's copied to a usb drive). So basically you made your own portable version by copying the installed directory. I do this with games all the time by installing the C drive to C > Program Files and then copying to D > Program Files > 0NoInstall (a folder I create for no installs, the 0 keeps it at the top of the folders directory tree) and uninstalling the original from C. I have to make my own shortcuts and use a nocd fix, but 95% of the time it works even without registry entries.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to remove the Kenmore potable washer's agitator [ 11 Answers ]

Hi I find it difficult to remove the agitator of my Apartment size Kenmore, When I wash my cloths it leaks and my Kitchen become flooded, so I thought of remove the machine and see where is the leak.. How ever I do not know how to remove the agitator - the model number is 110.2970092 - Thanks

Portable dishwasher [ 5 Answers ]

I just bought a new kitchen faucet with a pull out sprayer as the main fixture. I have a portable dishwasher that worked fine with my old faucet. The attachment for the dishwasher did not fit in the new faucet so I purchased an adapter. The man at the store was worried the sprayer/faucet will...

How much Bleach to use to clean potable water system on a boat [ 1 Answers ]

Trying to remove a Sulfur (Sulphur) smell form our potable water system on a boat. I have been told to use bleach but people are vague as to the mixing ratio. Any thoughts?

Is there a softwear for grapic desiner for PC or xobx ps3 [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a free graphic desiner softwear that you can download to practice your job in the futr for ps3 xbox360 and evrey game consoles

Portable DVD player - portable battery [ 3 Answers ]

We're getting ready to take a long trip (air mostly) with the kids, and have purchased two Sony FX810's for their use. The battery's are new, and in good shape, I let them each use the players ONE day to see how long the life was, and we got about 2 1/2 moves out of them - or roughly 5 hours as...

View more questions Search